Islington family of cancer toddler fundraising
Relatives of a three-year-old cancer sufferer are holding an evening of curry and entertainment to raise money for him.
Holloway resident Jenny Dunne is appealing for residents to join the family in support of her cousin Jack Lam, who suffers from a rare and debilitating form of cancer called neuroblastoma and is currently undergoing chemotherapy at Crumlin Children’s Hospital in Dublin.
The disease affects around 100 children in the UK and Ireland every year and around half of all cases are in children under the age of two.
A rigorous course of radiation therapy, stem cell and bone marrow transplants is still to come for Jack, and will continue well into next year. His parents and three-month-old sister Mayah have made the journey from their home in County Mayo, Ireland, to be by Jack’s bedside.
And Jack’s aunts and uncles, residents of Highbury Park, King’s Cross and Kentish Town, are doing all they can to assist the family during this time of need.
You may also want to watch:
The fundraising event will be held at the London Irish Centre in Camden Square on Friday September 9.
Tickets for the evening cost �12. Live rock music will be provided by Soft Touch, Iron Maiden founding member Terry Rance’s current band. Local companies will also be donating prizes for a raffle, with tickets available on the night. Anybody interested in attending or making a donation should contact Jenny Dunne on 07795102388 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'Gooner legend' who died of Covid 'caught at Euros final'
- 2 Appeal for information after boy, 15, stabbed in back
- 3 Upper Street coffee shop to start selling "quality" wine despite noise objections
- 4 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 5 Second man charged with murder of Taylor Cox in Islington
- 6 Letters on Low Traffic Neighbourhoods
- 7 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 8 In pictures: Pond-dipping, singing and mindfulness at Gillespie Park fun day
- 9 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 10 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington