Islington firm Isledon has hired 100 youngsters in six years
- Credit: Archant
One firm doing its best to tackle unemployment in Islington has now given jobs to 100 youngsters in the last six years.
Sydney Milner, 19, and Holly Coleman, 18, are the latest to be taken on by Isledon, which manages youth hubs Lift, Platform and Rose Bowl.
They both came through the town hall’s apprenticeship programme, which last year alone got 122 people into work.
Sydney has joined as a finance assistant while Holly, who used to attend Rose Bowl, is now a bookings coordinator.
Holly said: “I decided to do an apprenticeship as I thought it would lead me in the right direction. Leaving secondary school I was clueless as to which career path to go down. Being able to work with Rose Bowl, and see it grow means a lot.”
You may also want to watch:
More than half of Isledon’s staff are 16 to 25. Boss Damien Swan, said: “Young people are contributing to every area of the business and bring fresh insight into everything we do.”
Call 020 7527 3559 or email email@example.com for information on apprenticeships.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 3 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 6 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 7 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 8 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 9 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 10 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes