Islington firm Isledon has hired 100 youngsters in six years
- Credit: Archant
One firm doing its best to tackle unemployment in Islington has now given jobs to 100 youngsters in the last six years.
Sydney Milner, 19, and Holly Coleman, 18, are the latest to be taken on by Isledon, which manages youth hubs Lift, Platform and Rose Bowl.
They both came through the town hall’s apprenticeship programme, which last year alone got 122 people into work.
Sydney has joined as a finance assistant while Holly, who used to attend Rose Bowl, is now a bookings coordinator.
Holly said: “I decided to do an apprenticeship as I thought it would lead me in the right direction. Leaving secondary school I was clueless as to which career path to go down. Being able to work with Rose Bowl, and see it grow means a lot.”
You may also want to watch:
More than half of Isledon’s staff are 16 to 25. Boss Damien Swan, said: “Young people are contributing to every area of the business and bring fresh insight into everything we do.”
Call 020 7527 3559 or email email@example.com for information on apprenticeships.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Islington shooting victim named
- 5 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 8 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Islington is getting a big name restaurant