Islington flat ravaged by fire
An Islington flat was decimated by fire this morning.
Four fire engines and around 20 firefighters raced to the third floor apartment in Purcell Street at just after 10am.
They had blaze under control by 10.45am, but by then the four bedroom property was already severely damaged,
The were no reports of any injuries.
Fire crews from Clerkenwell, Islington and Shoreditch stations tackled the flames.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 6 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 7 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 8 Club Curling comes to Coal Drops Yard in King’s Cross
- 9 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London