How you can support your local newspaper #ThereWithYou
- Credit: Archant
Now, more than ever, local journalism matters – and here’s how you can get behind us.
In addition to holding the authorities to account, and bringing you the latest news from our high streets, our courts and our sports teams, our staff are now working round the clock to provide you with the latest, fact-checked information on the fight against coronavirus.
Last week we launched our There With You campaign and community groups have already come forward to be featured in the newspaper and listed on our online directory.
But now we are also asking for the support of our readers for the Gazette itself.
I’m eternally grateful to those who buy the newspaper every week and to the advertisers who have enabled us to provide trusted news since 1856.
But times are changing and many thousands of people get their news for free from our website.
The coronavirus outbreak has made times especially tough for many businesses – and the news industry, which was already under pressure, is no different.
This is why we are inviting readers of our website to give financial support for our work.
You may also want to watch:
Whether on your smart phone or on a computer, when you visit www.islingtongazette.co.uk you will now see a yellow box beneath each story which says “Become a supporter. In these testing times, your support is more important than ever. Thank you”. By clicking on the button you will see an option to make a voluntary payment, or set up monthly payments, in support of the Gazette.
This is, without doubt, a tough time for everyone but we are proud of the role we play in the community and we know the newspaper is greatly cherished.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Islington shooting victim named
- 5 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 6 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
We are proud of what we do and, as journalists, most of us can’t imagine doing anything else.
Local journalism is a vital resource for our communities and I hope you will give us your support.