GCSE results 2020: Latest updates from Islington
- Credit: Archant
There will be many anxious teenagers waking up in Islington this morning, with their GCSE grades just an envelope away.
As all summer exams were cancelled in the Covid-19 pandemic, Islington pupils will be awarded marks based on
This comes after A Level results last week were heavily criticised because the government and Ofqual’s grading algorithm took into account a school’s historic results.
It saw about 40 per cent of pupils downgraded.
You may also want to watch:
On Monday (August 17), the government U-turned and overturned that policy.
Follow the latest updates on GCSE results in Islington schools on our liveblog.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 8 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, Frances.Berry@archant.co.uk or Holly.Chant@archant.co.uk to be featured in our coverage.