GCSE results 2020: Latest updates from Islington
- Credit: Archant
There will be many anxious teenagers waking up in Islington this morning, with their GCSE grades just an envelope away.
As all summer exams were cancelled in the Covid-19 pandemic, Islington pupils will be awarded marks based on
This comes after A Level results last week were heavily criticised because the government and Ofqual’s grading algorithm took into account a school’s historic results.
It saw about 40 per cent of pupils downgraded.
You may also want to watch:
On Monday (August 17), the government U-turned and overturned that policy.
Follow the latest updates on GCSE results in Islington schools on our liveblog.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 4 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 5 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 8 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
- 9 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 10 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, Frances.Berry@archant.co.uk or Holly.Chant@archant.co.uk to be featured in our coverage.