GCSE results 2020: Latest updates from Islington
- Credit: Archant
There will be many anxious teenagers waking up in Islington this morning, with their GCSE grades just an envelope away.
As all summer exams were cancelled in the Covid-19 pandemic, Islington pupils will be awarded marks based on
This comes after A Level results last week were heavily criticised because the government and Ofqual’s grading algorithm took into account a school’s historic results.
It saw about 40 per cent of pupils downgraded.
On Monday (August 17), the government U-turned and overturned that policy.
Follow the latest updates on GCSE results in Islington schools on our liveblog.
- 1 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 2 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 3 Missing: 29-year-old Islington woman found 'safe and well'
- 4 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 5 New cabinet announced for Islington Council
- 6 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 7 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 10 Appeal hearing of MP Claudia Webbe gets under way
Email email@example.com, Frances.Berry@archant.co.uk or Holly.Chant@archant.co.uk to be featured in our coverage.