Islington gets romantic for Valentine’s Day
A couple tied the knot, strangers kissed and models were scantily clad as the borough went Valentine’s Day crazy on Tuesday.
At the Town Hall, newlyweds Valentina Yaneva and Krasmir Raykov chose to get hitched on the most romantic day of the year in Islington, because they are so attached to the borough.
The pair were one of four lovebird couples who married at the venue on the day.
Valentina said: “We chose to get married in Islington because we love the area and getting married on Valentine’s Day was my husband’s choice. We didn’t really know what to expect but it has been a great day, everything has gone very well.”
Meanwhile down the road, cupid was unleashing his arrows at the N1 Centre, in Parkfield Street, where a kissing booth had been set up for passers-by to enjoy a smooch.
You may also want to watch:
A professional photographer was on hand to snap the happy moment and put the pictures on Facebook. The image with the most likes won the subject a bottle of wine and a box of chocolates.
And to get people in the mood, the N1 centre’s resident lingerie store Intimissimi had models in skimpy outfits posing for a live mannequin window installation.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 7 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 8 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
? Islington Town Hall plays host to more than 1,000 weddings and civil partnerships each year. The assembly hall next door has a ballroom dancefloor and capacity for 150 dinner guests.