Islington girl hopes to be Miss Asian Model 2011
An Islington teenager is hoping to be crowned an Asian beauty queen and win a place in the finals of Miss England.
Chandni Deb, 17, who lives off Camden Road, Holloway, is competing with 37 other girls to win the Miss Asian Model 2011.
The winner of this competition will book a place in the Miss England grand final at the NEC in Birmingham in July.
Miss Deb, a former pupil at Highbury Fields School, in Highbury Hill, said: “I was really surprised to be chosen. This is my first ever beauty contest so it is really exciting.”
Miss Deb is a student at the Westminster Kingsway College, in King’s Cross, and was once a pupil of Grafton Primary School, in Eburne Road, Holloway.
You may also want to watch:
She hopes to follow in the footsteps of the model Kim Kardashian.
The winner of Miss Asian Model will be announced at the Punk club in Soho Street on June 9 and people can vote up until that date.
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 4 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 5 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 6 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents
- 7 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 8 Parkrun returns! Hundreds get back on track across north London
- 9 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 10 Summer in the city: 5 Things to do in Islington this weekend
To vote for Chandni text 21Chandni to 84205 or call 0901661537.