Islington Giving sets up fund for young people
- Credit: YES Outdoors
Islington Giving is asking for donations to a special fund set up to benefit young people.
Money will go to help groups providing activities and support to young people.
The pandemic has significantly increased mental health difficulties among many children and young people, particularly children living in poverty, and young people with learning difficulties or pre-existing mental health conditions.
Sarah Benioff, from Islington Giving, says: “Covid-19 has been especially hard on younger people who have not been able to go to school, play out or see their friends.
"But more than that it has shone the spotlight on just how unequal the life chances are for many children and young people in Islington.
You may also want to watch:
"Donating to Islington Giving is one important and practical way that, as a community, we can help to bridge the digital divide, to offer new safe and supervised sports and outdoor activities and to increase mental wellbeing support.”
See islingtongiving.org.uk/your-giving/ to donate.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago