Islington Giving sets up fund for young people
- Credit: YES Outdoors
Islington Giving is asking for donations to a special fund set up to benefit young people.
Money will go to help groups providing activities and support to young people.
The pandemic has significantly increased mental health difficulties among many children and young people, particularly children living in poverty, and young people with learning difficulties or pre-existing mental health conditions.
Sarah Benioff, from Islington Giving, says: “Covid-19 has been especially hard on younger people who have not been able to go to school, play out or see their friends.
"But more than that it has shone the spotlight on just how unequal the life chances are for many children and young people in Islington.
You may also want to watch:
"Donating to Islington Giving is one important and practical way that, as a community, we can help to bridge the digital divide, to offer new safe and supervised sports and outdoor activities and to increase mental wellbeing support.”
See islingtongiving.org.uk/your-giving/ to donate.
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 4 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 5 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 6 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 7 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 10 Hundreds are heirs to an estate and may not even know