Islington in Bloom 2013 open for entries
- Credit: Archant
A competition celebrating the efforts of green-fingered Islingtonians is now open for entries.
The annual Islington in Bloom contest – sponsored by the Gazette – is open to everyone, whether you have a window box, garden, allotment or business.
Neighbourhood tree pits, forgotten corners and community gardens are also eligible for entries, and residents are able to nominate their gardening heroes.
Categories include “best entry in any category from an individual Islington Council housing services resident”, “best entry from an individual Partners property resident”, “most wildlife friendly garden” and “best new entry in any category”.
There are prizes for first, second and third places in all categories and every entrant will receive free compost, a half price plant and a £5 gift voucher from Camden Garden Centre.
You may also want to watch:
The deadline for entries is Friday, May 24 and judging will take place in June. The awards ceremony will take place at the end of September at Islington Assembly Hall, in Upper Street, Islington.
For further information or to down load an application form visit: www.islington.gov.uk/services/parks-environment/parks/in_bloom/Pages/default.aspx
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 3 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 4 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 7 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 8 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 9 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 10 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes