Islington in Bloom 2019: ‘Fabulous’ gardening competition open for submissions
- Credit: Archant
A “fabulous” competition searching for Islington’s best horticultural creations is now open for submissions.
The annual Islington in Bloom awards, organised by the council, celebrates the innovation and creativity of green-fingered neighbours, businesses, community groups and schools in the borough.
There are a diverse range of categories – and Camden Garden Centre are supplying £100 vouchers to winners, as well as £75 and £50 coupons to runners up and those in third place. The centre will also provide all entrants with a free bag of compost.
Applications are accepted until 2 June and judging takes place from mid-June into July.
Islington’s environment chief Cllr Claudia Webbe said: “Islington in Bloom is a fabulous celebration for our community - we have so many green-fingered residents and their beautiful gardening helps make Islington such a welcoming and attractive borough.
You may also want to watch:
“We welcome entries from everyone. I am hugely looking forward to seeing this year’s entrants and celebrating the achievements of our residents and businesses.”
The entry forms this year feature a drawing by pupil Valentina Hernandez-Leonor from William Tyndale Primary School, who is the winner of a borough-wide competition for students.
Enter online or pick up an application form from Islington libraries, Better leisure centres, Islington Town Hall, and other businesses in the borough.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 3 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 4 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 5 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 6 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 7 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 10 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
For more information visit www.islington.gov.uk/inbloom, call 020 7527 6394, follow @IslingtoninBloom on Instagram, or email firstname.lastname@example.org