Islington in Bloom 2019: ‘Fabulous’ gardening competition open for submissions
- Credit: Archant
A “fabulous” competition searching for Islington’s best horticultural creations is now open for submissions.
The annual Islington in Bloom awards, organised by the council, celebrates the innovation and creativity of green-fingered neighbours, businesses, community groups and schools in the borough.
There are a diverse range of categories – and Camden Garden Centre are supplying £100 vouchers to winners, as well as £75 and £50 coupons to runners up and those in third place. The centre will also provide all entrants with a free bag of compost.
Applications are accepted until 2 June and judging takes place from mid-June into July.
Islington’s environment chief Cllr Claudia Webbe said: “Islington in Bloom is a fabulous celebration for our community - we have so many green-fingered residents and their beautiful gardening helps make Islington such a welcoming and attractive borough.
You may also want to watch:
“We welcome entries from everyone. I am hugely looking forward to seeing this year’s entrants and celebrating the achievements of our residents and businesses.”
The entry forms this year feature a drawing by pupil Valentina Hernandez-Leonor from William Tyndale Primary School, who is the winner of a borough-wide competition for students.
Enter online or pick up an application form from Islington libraries, Better leisure centres, Islington Town Hall, and other businesses in the borough.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 3 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 4 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 7 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 8 Parliament Square demo: Protesters call on government to end cladding crisis
- 9 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
For more information visit www.islington.gov.uk/inbloom, call 020 7527 6394, follow @IslingtoninBloom on Instagram, or email email@example.com