Islington ladies football team heads to Croatia
- Credit: Archant
A group of aspiring young female football players are heading to Croatia as part of a sports exchange programme.
The girls, aged 15 to 21 and members of Islington Borough Ladies FC (IBLFC), will fly out to Varazdin, in the far north of the country, at the end of the month.
There they will take part in sporting, cultural and lifestyle workshops – as football and handball session – and enjoy the local cultural festival Spancirfest.
In October, a group of girls from Varazdin will come to Islington for a similar program of activities and visits.
Julien Muana Lubo from IBLFC said: “We feel honoured and privileged to take part in this project.
You may also want to watch:
“The players are thrilled and they are looking forward to the opportunity offer to promote girls football made in Islington abroad.”
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 10 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother