Islington ladies football team heads to Croatia
- Credit: Archant
A group of aspiring young female football players are heading to Croatia as part of a sports exchange programme.
The girls, aged 15 to 21 and members of Islington Borough Ladies FC (IBLFC), will fly out to Varazdin, in the far north of the country, at the end of the month.
There they will take part in sporting, cultural and lifestyle workshops – as football and handball session – and enjoy the local cultural festival Spancirfest.
In October, a group of girls from Varazdin will come to Islington for a similar program of activities and visits.
Julien Muana Lubo from IBLFC said: “We feel honoured and privileged to take part in this project.
“The players are thrilled and they are looking forward to the opportunity offer to promote girls football made in Islington abroad.”
- 1 Islington: Cycle track could be back if funding found
- 2 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury
- 3 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids
- 4 'Fear, isolation and distress': Pentonville Prison during Covid-19
- 5 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run
- 6 WATCH: Sauna fire rips through Old Street leisure centre
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 How mental health services are changing in north London
- 9 'Robot' prisoner locked up indefinitely for killing Serco custody officer
- 10 Protesters march in final attempt to prevent incinerator contract