Islington ladies football team heads to Croatia
- Credit: Archant
A group of aspiring young female football players are heading to Croatia as part of a sports exchange programme.
The girls, aged 15 to 21 and members of Islington Borough Ladies FC (IBLFC), will fly out to Varazdin, in the far north of the country, at the end of the month.
There they will take part in sporting, cultural and lifestyle workshops – as football and handball session – and enjoy the local cultural festival Spancirfest.
In October, a group of girls from Varazdin will come to Islington for a similar program of activities and visits.
Julien Muana Lubo from IBLFC said: “We feel honoured and privileged to take part in this project.
You may also want to watch:
“The players are thrilled and they are looking forward to the opportunity offer to promote girls football made in Islington abroad.”
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 3 Islington shooting victim named
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 6 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 7 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal