Islington lawyers take the plunge for charity
A team of lawyers are raising money for victims of brain trauma by plummeting 13,000ft from a plane.
Staff from Bolt Burdon Kemp, in Providence Place, Islington, who specialise in brain injury compensation claims, were hoping to collect �9,000 in sponsorship for the event today (Saturday).
The jump is part of a series of fundraising events the firm is undertaking to raise cash for Headway East London, a charity that helps people cope with the aftermath of head injuries.
Marilene Antoni, a solicitor at the firm who came up with the idea, said: “We got involved because the charity is linked to the cases we deal with.
“We go to their day centre as lay people. The individuals there are not clients, they’re people. Visiting the centre makes it more human.”
You may also want to watch:
Miss Antoni had the difficult task of convincing her colleagues to take part.
She said: “They did need some persuading. Some refused to do it at first, but went away, thought about it and realised they couldn’t really say no.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 7 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 8 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 9 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
“We’re all nervous, but not thinking about it at the moment. No one’s showing their nerves in the office.”
“I hope we can raise as much money as possible for this very deserving charity.”
n To support and make a donation to the Skydive Challenge visit www.justgiving.com/BB-BBKskydivers.