Horse groomer from Islington hopes to be next big thing in MMA
- Credit: Louise Bennett
A horse groomer from Islington is fighting for her chance to be the next mixed martial arts (MMA) star.
Louise Bennett works as a yard manager in Beaconsfield by day and learns cage fighting disciplines at the RDX CageFit Gym in Watford in the evening.
This includes grappling, wrestling and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
She has been shortlisted by MMA TV for its Find A Star competition, which searches for adults who have a chance of becoming the MMA star.
Having submitted an application video and image, 20 entrants have been selected to complete a 10-week training programme and undergo a boot camp, before a winner is crowned.
You may also want to watch:
The prize is a multi-fight contract with promoters Prim3, a long-term contract with Mogul Management, a one-year sponsorship deal with RDX Sports and the opportunity to star in a documentary series.
Louise said: “I’ve been training in MMA for about a year and was considering my next move so this competition is great timing for me.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
"My job is very physical so I’m tired at the end of the day but I really enjoy MMA because I feel I can express myself as it’s about discipline, dedication and determination."
The deadline for entries was December 18.