Horse groomer from Islington hopes to be next big thing in MMA
- Credit: Louise Bennett
A horse groomer from Islington is fighting for her chance to be the next mixed martial arts (MMA) star.
Louise Bennett works as a yard manager in Beaconsfield by day and learns cage fighting disciplines at the RDX CageFit Gym in Watford in the evening.
This includes grappling, wrestling and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
She has been shortlisted by MMA TV for its Find A Star competition, which searches for adults who have a chance of becoming the MMA star.
Having submitted an application video and image, 20 entrants have been selected to complete a 10-week training programme and undergo a boot camp, before a winner is crowned.
You may also want to watch:
The prize is a multi-fight contract with promoters Prim3, a long-term contract with Mogul Management, a one-year sponsorship deal with RDX Sports and the opportunity to star in a documentary series.
Louise said: “I’ve been training in MMA for about a year and was considering my next move so this competition is great timing for me.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 8 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
"My job is very physical so I’m tired at the end of the day but I really enjoy MMA because I feel I can express myself as it’s about discipline, dedication and determination."
The deadline for entries was December 18.