Islington man, 95, arrested on suspicion of carer’s murder on Holloway’s Ringcross Estate
- Credit: Archant
A man aged 95 has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a carer died from head injuries while working at Holloway’s Ringcross Estate.
The victim, a 61-year-old woman, was taken in a critical condition by ambulance from Papworth Gardens, off George’s Road to a north London hospital at 4am yesterday morning.
She died in hospital at 11am today.
The woman, who worked for works for London Care’s Holloway branch in Seven Sisters Road, is believed to have been injured during the course of her duties, and police were called to the hospital yesterday at 7am.
Her next of kin have been informed, and a post-mortem examination will take place in due course.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Scotland Yard said: “A 95-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder, and he has been taken to hospital as a precaution due to a pre-existing condition. He will remain there pending transfer to a location where his complex health and care needs can be managed.
The man has been bailed while police enquiries continue, but they are not seeking any one else in connection with the investigation.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 8 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 9 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 10 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.