Islington man, 95, arrested on suspicion of carer’s murder on Holloway’s Ringcross Estate
- Credit: Archant
A man aged 95 has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a carer died from head injuries while working at Holloway’s Ringcross Estate.
The victim, a 61-year-old woman, was taken in a critical condition by ambulance from Papworth Gardens, off George’s Road to a north London hospital at 4am yesterday morning.
She died in hospital at 11am today.
The woman, who worked for works for London Care’s Holloway branch in Seven Sisters Road, is believed to have been injured during the course of her duties, and police were called to the hospital yesterday at 7am.
Her next of kin have been informed, and a post-mortem examination will take place in due course.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Scotland Yard said: “A 95-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder, and he has been taken to hospital as a precaution due to a pre-existing condition. He will remain there pending transfer to a location where his complex health and care needs can be managed.
The man has been bailed while police enquiries continue, but they are not seeking any one else in connection with the investigation.
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 6 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 7 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 8 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 9 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 10 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.