Islington man charged in connection with hit-and-run moped crash injuring 90-year-old
- Credit: Archant
An Islington man has been charged with grievous bodily harm (GBH) in connection with a hit-and-run moped collision that put a 90-year-old pedestrian in hopsital.
Danny O’Reilly, 23, was charged with GBH, driving without insurance, driving not in accordance with a licence, failing to stop and failing to report a road traffic collision on Monday last week.
The victim, John Savile, sustained injuries to his head and leg during the incident.
O’Reilly will appear at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on February 18.
A Met Police spokesperson said: “Officers were called to Worcester Point, Central Street, EC1V at 8:51pm on Monday, August 6 following reports of a collision between a moped and a male pedestrian.
You may also want to watch:
“Police and London Ambulance Service attended and found a 90-year-old man with serious leg and head injuries.”
Mr Savile has since been discharged from hospital and continues to recover at home.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 3 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 4 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 5 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 6 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 7 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 8 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 9 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 10 Parliament Square demo: Protesters call on government to end cladding crisis