Islington man charged in connection with hit-and-run moped crash injuring 90-year-old
- Credit: Archant
An Islington man has been charged with grievous bodily harm (GBH) in connection with a hit-and-run moped collision that put a 90-year-old pedestrian in hopsital.
Danny O’Reilly, 23, was charged with GBH, driving without insurance, driving not in accordance with a licence, failing to stop and failing to report a road traffic collision on Monday last week.
The victim, John Savile, sustained injuries to his head and leg during the incident.
O’Reilly will appear at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on February 18.
A Met Police spokesperson said: “Officers were called to Worcester Point, Central Street, EC1V at 8:51pm on Monday, August 6 following reports of a collision between a moped and a male pedestrian.
You may also want to watch:
“Police and London Ambulance Service attended and found a 90-year-old man with serious leg and head injuries.”
Mr Savile has since been discharged from hospital and continues to recover at home.
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 4 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 5 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 6 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 7 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 10 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'