Islington man charged in connection with hit-and-run moped crash injuring 90-year-old
- Credit: Archant
An Islington man has been charged with grievous bodily harm (GBH) in connection with a hit-and-run moped collision that put a 90-year-old pedestrian in hopsital.
Danny O’Reilly, 23, was charged with GBH, driving without insurance, driving not in accordance with a licence, failing to stop and failing to report a road traffic collision on Monday last week.
The victim, John Savile, sustained injuries to his head and leg during the incident.
O’Reilly will appear at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on February 18.
A Met Police spokesperson said: “Officers were called to Worcester Point, Central Street, EC1V at 8:51pm on Monday, August 6 following reports of a collision between a moped and a male pedestrian.
You may also want to watch:
“Police and London Ambulance Service attended and found a 90-year-old man with serious leg and head injuries.”
Mr Savile has since been discharged from hospital and continues to recover at home.
- 1 'This is the end of my political career': Richard Watts stands down
- 2 WATCH: Air ambulance called to Islington flat fire
- 3 Richard Watts to stand down as leader of Islington Council
- 4 Islington mental health charity Clubhouse gets £225,000 funding boost
- 5 Three strikes and you're out: Jail term for drug dealer
- 6 Islington Council pauses plans to chop down 70-year-old mulberry tree
- 7 Police force entry to alleged Islington 'house party' amid pandemic
- 8 Meet Islington Boxing Club's new coaches
- 9 The Mall: Mystery surrounds incoming Upper Street supermarket identity
- 10 MP broke rules with late declaration of Islington payments, report finds