Police charge Islington man with murder after fatal shooting in Leyton
- Credit: MPS
Police have charged an Islington man with the murder of 27-year-old Grineo Daka in Leyton.
Edison Brahimi, 29, of Camden Road, was arrested on Friday on suspicion of murder, after Mr Daka was gunned down at the Pheonix Snooker Club in Lea Bridge Road on July 7.
Brahimi was taken to a south London police station and was charged on Saturday.
He is expected to appear in custody at Thames Magistrates' Court today.
A second man Liridon Saliuka, 29, of no fixed abode, was charged on Tuesday, July 16 with murder, possession of a firearm and grievous bodily harm with intent.
You may also want to watch:
* Brahimi was remanded in custody on Monday, December 9 at Thames Magistrates' Court and sent for trial at the Old Bailey. He was due to make his fist appearance on Wednesday, December 11.
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 4 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 5 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 6 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 7 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 10 Hundreds are heirs to an estate and may not even know