Islington Mcdonald’s gets 2am licence
A McDonald’s in Islington has been given permission to flip burgers until 2am seven days a week.
The restaurant in Upper Street, Islington, was granted a licence to serve food to late night revellers by the licensing committee at a meeting last week.
Previously, the eaterie could serve late night refreshments until 1.30am on Friday and Saturday nights and 1am for rest of the week.
One resident initially complained because they thought the license included booze.
When the situation was clarified, they expressed concerns about the extension.
You may also want to watch:
They said: “I do not see the extension of McDonald’s hours as anything but a setback for our already stressed neighbourhood.”
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 3 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 4 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 5 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 6 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 7 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 8 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
- 9 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 10 Meet Charrli - the Islington start-up facilitating zero-waste shopping