Islington Mcdonald’s gets 2am licence
A McDonald’s in Islington has been given permission to flip burgers until 2am seven days a week.
The restaurant in Upper Street, Islington, was granted a licence to serve food to late night revellers by the licensing committee at a meeting last week.
Previously, the eaterie could serve late night refreshments until 1.30am on Friday and Saturday nights and 1am for rest of the week.
One resident initially complained because they thought the license included booze.
When the situation was clarified, they expressed concerns about the extension.
You may also want to watch:
They said: “I do not see the extension of McDonald’s hours as anything but a setback for our already stressed neighbourhood.”
- 1 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 2 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 3 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 4 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 5 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 6 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 7 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 8 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 9 St George's Day, Partners Islington, LTNs and Local Plan policy
- 10 Sharks and rooftop pavilions: Time for planning laws 'middle way'