Islington Mcdonald’s gets 2am licence
A McDonald’s in Islington has been given permission to flip burgers until 2am seven days a week.
The restaurant in Upper Street, Islington, was granted a licence to serve food to late night revellers by the licensing committee at a meeting last week.
Previously, the eaterie could serve late night refreshments until 1.30am on Friday and Saturday nights and 1am for rest of the week.
One resident initially complained because they thought the license included booze.
When the situation was clarified, they expressed concerns about the extension.
You may also want to watch:
They said: “I do not see the extension of McDonald’s hours as anything but a setback for our already stressed neighbourhood.”
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years