Islington pop-up shop will have a free bar and show weekly films
- Credit: Archant
A pop-up shop will be providing Islington customers with film screenings, food workshops and thirst-quenching drinks – all free of charge.
High street retailer John Lewis has set up Open House at the N1 shopping centre as a way of showing off its hottest new trends in contemporary living while also giving shoppers a treat.
The shop, which is open from 10am every morning, will run film nights every Tuesday that will be hosted by famous faces from the industry such as film critic James King.
Complimentary beer, wine and snacks will be provided for the films but those wanting to attend will need to book their place in advance.
Spanish chef Omar Allibhoy will also host a street food workshop while every Friday John Lewis will throw an Open House party with a free bar serving a different speciality each week with tipples from experts such as The Gin Garden.
For those needing something calmer, a coffee and juice bar will be open every day while on Sundays shoppers can enjoy board games and bloody Marys.
The John Lewis Open House will run until November 10.
- 1 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 2 Mother Clucker! Fried chicken restaurant to open in Upper Street
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 5 Elizabeth Line opens: Londoners enjoy first day of service
- 6 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 7 Covid: Slight rise in admissions but fewer patients in hospital overall
- 8 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
- 9 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 10 Travel bulletin: Islington, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham
For full listing of events visit www.johnlewis.com and to book tickets for the film screenings email email@example.com