Islington pop-up shop will have a free bar and show weekly films
- Credit: Archant
A pop-up shop will be providing Islington customers with film screenings, food workshops and thirst-quenching drinks – all free of charge.
High street retailer John Lewis has set up Open House at the N1 shopping centre as a way of showing off its hottest new trends in contemporary living while also giving shoppers a treat.
The shop, which is open from 10am every morning, will run film nights every Tuesday that will be hosted by famous faces from the industry such as film critic James King.
Complimentary beer, wine and snacks will be provided for the films but those wanting to attend will need to book their place in advance.
Spanish chef Omar Allibhoy will also host a street food workshop while every Friday John Lewis will throw an Open House party with a free bar serving a different speciality each week with tipples from experts such as The Gin Garden.
You may also want to watch:
For those needing something calmer, a coffee and juice bar will be open every day while on Sundays shoppers can enjoy board games and bloody Marys.
The John Lewis Open House will run until November 10.
- 1 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 2 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 3 Islington Council backtracks on promise to save mulberry tree
- 4 Historic pub The Cuckoo ready to welcome locals inside after refurbishment
- 5 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 6 Upper Street chef raises money for St Vincent volcano victims
- 7 Islington Boxing Club receives a major boost in fundraising campaign
- 8 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Trial halted after Extinction Rebellion protester glues himself to the dock
For full listing of events visit www.johnlewis.com and to book tickets for the film screenings email email@example.com