Islington pop-up shop will have a free bar and show weekly films
- Credit: Archant
A pop-up shop will be providing Islington customers with film screenings, food workshops and thirst-quenching drinks – all free of charge.
High street retailer John Lewis has set up Open House at the N1 shopping centre as a way of showing off its hottest new trends in contemporary living while also giving shoppers a treat.
The shop, which is open from 10am every morning, will run film nights every Tuesday that will be hosted by famous faces from the industry such as film critic James King.
Complimentary beer, wine and snacks will be provided for the films but those wanting to attend will need to book their place in advance.
Spanish chef Omar Allibhoy will also host a street food workshop while every Friday John Lewis will throw an Open House party with a free bar serving a different speciality each week with tipples from experts such as The Gin Garden.
For those needing something calmer, a coffee and juice bar will be open every day while on Sundays shoppers can enjoy board games and bloody Marys.
The John Lewis Open House will run until November 10.
- 1 Scandinavian primary school moves to bigger premises in Highbury
- 2 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 3 Covid-19: How Islington's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Family of missing Islington man make urgent appeal for information
- 5 Islington pub Alpaca wins lockdown service award
- 6 Meet the Islington-based Rangers fans who are helping food banks
- 7 Not just for Christmas: Rescue dogs looking for forever homes
- 8 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 9 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 10 Planned travel disruptions in east and central north London this week
For full listing of events visit www.johnlewis.com and to book tickets for the film screenings email firstname.lastname@example.org