Islington rum king announces world’s biggest festival
The world’s only rum ambassador has announced the biggest rum festival on the planet.
Ian Burrell, of Carleton Road, Tufnell Park, is staging RumFest at the ExCel Centre, in east London, on October 13 and 14.
Mr Burrell, 41, spends his days jetting across the globe promoting the drink and showing people how to taste and mix it properly.
Next month’s event will showcase hundreds of different rums from all over the world, as well as show how they are made, how to make cocktails and how to pair rum with food.
Mr Burrell, who runs his own rum shack, Cottons, in Camden, said: “We have moved to the ExCel – it’s Olympic year so we thought we should have an Olympic stadium – and we are expecting about 6,000 people.
You may also want to watch:
“There will so much to do – live music, food, competitions and fantastic rums – it should be a great weekend.”
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 6 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 7 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 10 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington