Islington rum king announces world’s biggest festival
The world’s only rum ambassador has announced the biggest rum festival on the planet.
Ian Burrell, of Carleton Road, Tufnell Park, is staging RumFest at the ExCel Centre, in east London, on October 13 and 14.
Mr Burrell, 41, spends his days jetting across the globe promoting the drink and showing people how to taste and mix it properly.
Next month’s event will showcase hundreds of different rums from all over the world, as well as show how they are made, how to make cocktails and how to pair rum with food.
Mr Burrell, who runs his own rum shack, Cottons, in Camden, said: “We have moved to the ExCel – it’s Olympic year so we thought we should have an Olympic stadium – and we are expecting about 6,000 people.
You may also want to watch:
“There will so much to do – live music, food, competitions and fantastic rums – it should be a great weekend.”
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 5 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 6 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 7 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 10 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park