Islington rum king announces world’s biggest festival
The world’s only rum ambassador has announced the biggest rum festival on the planet.
Ian Burrell, of Carleton Road, Tufnell Park, is staging RumFest at the ExCel Centre, in east London, on October 13 and 14.
Mr Burrell, 41, spends his days jetting across the globe promoting the drink and showing people how to taste and mix it properly.
Next month’s event will showcase hundreds of different rums from all over the world, as well as show how they are made, how to make cocktails and how to pair rum with food.
Mr Burrell, who runs his own rum shack, Cottons, in Camden, said: “We have moved to the ExCel – it’s Olympic year so we thought we should have an Olympic stadium – and we are expecting about 6,000 people.
“There will so much to do – live music, food, competitions and fantastic rums – it should be a great weekend.”
- 1 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 2 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 3 Replacement Finsbury Park leisure centre a step closer
- 4 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 5 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 6 Former Met cop faces trial with seven others over alleged bribery plot
- 7 Deadline extended for Islington's greener futures fund
- 8 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury
- 9 Incinerator protest group WhatsApp infiltrated by waste authority member
- 10 Arsenal Women welcome signings Souza, Blackstenius and Wienroither