Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- Credit: Drapers Arms
From today (April 12) pubs, cafes and restaurants can finally begin serving customers outdoors again.
If you are wondering where to book in Islington, the Gazette has rounded up a few of the great beer gardens in the borough opening this week.
The Drapers Arms
44 Barnsbury Street
Gastropub The Drapers Arms is the perfect choice if you’d like to celebrate pubs reopening in style. Its large garden will be open, with spaces available to book over the phone. Open 12pm - 11pm Monday-Sunday.
54 Pentonville Road
The Castle boasts a large roof terrace and outdoor area despite its deceptively small appearance, making it a great place to enjoy a drink with friends in the setting sunshine. Bookings are still available for the late afternoon on April 12 (hurry!). Open Monday-Sunday noon - 11pm.
- 1 Police called to 'youth with knife trying to climb school gates'
- 2 Jailed: 9 north London offenders put behind bars in June
- 3 Guilty: Man murdered woman at bus stop and tried to kill another a day later
- 4 'Reclaiming public spaces': Islington's free nonconformist street party
- 5 Covid: North London hospital admissions rising amid national surge
- 6 MP steps in to get Ukrainian violinist to concert with Islington orchestra
- 7 Bullying and absence concerns see City of London Academy Highgate Hill get ‘requires improvement’ Ofsted
- 8 Concerts to be held across Islington as festival returns.
- 9 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 10 Call to get vaccinated amid Covid surge
The Canonbury Tavern
21 Canonbury Place
With a large outdoor garden, The Canonbury is a great place to book an evening drink in the sunshine. They’re dog-friendly, too. A few slots are available on April 12 - just note the latest booking time for outdoor tables is 7pm. Open 11am - 9pm (when the garden closes).
The Duchess of Kent
441 Liverpool Road
A much-loved local pub with plenty of curb side tables and a fresh lick of bright blue paint, dining at the Duchess of Kent will feel like home. We recommend booking for a Sunday roast - it’s complete with bottomless Yorkies. All outdoor tables are covered and most have heaters. Open noon - 10pm daily.
The Old Queen’s Head
44 Essex Rd
This popping pub with a once-packed dance floor will reopen its doors on Wednesday (April 14), with curbside and garden seating. They aren’t taking bookings, so turn up promptly if you want to sample their oozing burgers and refreshing cocktails. Open 4pm -10pm Tuesday-Friday and noon - 10pm weekends.
The Alpaca Islington
84-86 Essex Road
We recommend booking a curb side seat for Sunday at this Gastropub - you’ll be treated to a delectable roast with what may well be the biggest Yorkshires you’ve ever seen. Open noon - 10pm Monday to Friday, 10am - 10pm Saturdays and noon - 10pm Sundays.