Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- Credit: Drapers Arms
From today (April 12) pubs, cafes and restaurants can finally begin serving customers outdoors again.
If you are wondering where to book in Islington, the Gazette has rounded up a few of the great beer gardens in the borough opening this week.
The Drapers Arms
44 Barnsbury Street
Gastropub The Drapers Arms is the perfect choice if you’d like to celebrate pubs reopening in style. Its large garden will be open, with spaces available to book over the phone. Open 12pm - 11pm Monday-Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
54 Pentonville Road
The Castle boasts a large roof terrace and outdoor area despite its deceptively small appearance, making it a great place to enjoy a drink with friends in the setting sunshine. Bookings are still available for the late afternoon on April 12 (hurry!). Open Monday-Sunday noon - 11pm.
- 1 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 2 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 3 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 4 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 5 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 6 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 7 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 8 Sharks and rooftop pavilions: Time for planning laws 'middle way'
- 9 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 10 Yerbury pupils stage High Court protest against Ocado's plans
The Canonbury Tavern
21 Canonbury Place
With a large outdoor garden, The Canonbury is a great place to book an evening drink in the sunshine. They’re dog-friendly, too. A few slots are available on April 12 - just note the latest booking time for outdoor tables is 7pm. Open 11am - 9pm (when the garden closes).
The Duchess of Kent
441 Liverpool Road
A much-loved local pub with plenty of curb side tables and a fresh lick of bright blue paint, dining at the Duchess of Kent will feel like home. We recommend booking for a Sunday roast - it’s complete with bottomless Yorkies. All outdoor tables are covered and most have heaters. Open noon - 10pm daily.
The Old Queen’s Head
44 Essex Rd
This popping pub with a once-packed dance floor will reopen its doors on Wednesday (April 14), with curbside and garden seating. They aren’t taking bookings, so turn up promptly if you want to sample their oozing burgers and refreshing cocktails. Open 4pm -10pm Tuesday-Friday and noon - 10pm weekends.
The Alpaca Islington
84-86 Essex Road
We recommend booking a curb side seat for Sunday at this Gastropub - you’ll be treated to a delectable roast with what may well be the biggest Yorkshires you’ve ever seen. Open noon - 10pm Monday to Friday, 10am - 10pm Saturdays and noon - 10pm Sundays.