Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- Credit: Drapers Arms
From today (April 12) pubs, cafes and restaurants can finally begin serving customers outdoors again.
If you are wondering where to book in Islington, the Gazette has rounded up a few of the great beer gardens in the borough opening this week.
The Drapers Arms
44 Barnsbury Street
Gastropub The Drapers Arms is the perfect choice if you’d like to celebrate pubs reopening in style. Its large garden will be open, with spaces available to book over the phone. Open 12pm - 11pm Monday-Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
54 Pentonville Road
The Castle boasts a large roof terrace and outdoor area despite its deceptively small appearance, making it a great place to enjoy a drink with friends in the setting sunshine. Bookings are still available for the late afternoon on April 12 (hurry!). Open Monday-Sunday noon - 11pm.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 6 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 7 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 8 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 9 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder
The Canonbury Tavern
21 Canonbury Place
With a large outdoor garden, The Canonbury is a great place to book an evening drink in the sunshine. They’re dog-friendly, too. A few slots are available on April 12 - just note the latest booking time for outdoor tables is 7pm. Open 11am - 9pm (when the garden closes).
The Duchess of Kent
441 Liverpool Road
A much-loved local pub with plenty of curb side tables and a fresh lick of bright blue paint, dining at the Duchess of Kent will feel like home. We recommend booking for a Sunday roast - it’s complete with bottomless Yorkies. All outdoor tables are covered and most have heaters. Open noon - 10pm daily.
The Old Queen’s Head
44 Essex Rd
This popping pub with a once-packed dance floor will reopen its doors on Wednesday (April 14), with curbside and garden seating. They aren’t taking bookings, so turn up promptly if you want to sample their oozing burgers and refreshing cocktails. Open 4pm -10pm Tuesday-Friday and noon - 10pm weekends.
The Alpaca Islington
84-86 Essex Road
We recommend booking a curb side seat for Sunday at this Gastropub - you’ll be treated to a delectable roast with what may well be the biggest Yorkshires you’ve ever seen. Open noon - 10pm Monday to Friday, 10am - 10pm Saturdays and noon - 10pm Sundays.