Market Trader of the Year: Islington Council calls on public to cast votes
- Credit: Archant
There’s just two weeks left to vote in Islington’s Market Trader of the Year competition.
Cast your votes before the closing date of November 10 to show appreciation for your favourite trader.
The winner will receive £150 off their stall rent and the person who nominates them will get £50 to spend at the trader’s stall.
Last year’s joint winners were Serpil Erce, who runs Sunny Olives at White Cross Street Market, and Dave Jackon, who runs a popular fruit stool in Chapel Market.
The awards are open to traders directly licensed by Islington Council at on of its five main markets – Camden Passage, Chapel Market, Exmouth Market, Whitecross Street and Archway – and a few other sites in the borough.
You may also want to watch:
You can vote by either sending your nomination to email@example.com or by picking up an entry form from a market trader and sending it to Street Trading, Islington Council, 222 Upper Street, N1 1XR.
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 6 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 7 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 8 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 9 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 10 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator