Market Trader of the Year: Islington Council calls on public to cast votes
- Credit: Archant
There’s just two weeks left to vote in Islington’s Market Trader of the Year competition.
Cast your votes before the closing date of November 10 to show appreciation for your favourite trader.
The winner will receive £150 off their stall rent and the person who nominates them will get £50 to spend at the trader’s stall.
Last year’s joint winners were Serpil Erce, who runs Sunny Olives at White Cross Street Market, and Dave Jackon, who runs a popular fruit stool in Chapel Market.
The awards are open to traders directly licensed by Islington Council at on of its five main markets – Camden Passage, Chapel Market, Exmouth Market, Whitecross Street and Archway – and a few other sites in the borough.
You may also want to watch:
You can vote by either sending your nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org or by picking up an entry form from a market trader and sending it to Street Trading, Islington Council, 222 Upper Street, N1 1XR.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 8 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 9 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 10 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion