Islington’s Old Queen’s Head celebrates 5th birthday
A POPULAR live music and comedy venue is celebrating its 5th birthday with seven days of special acts.
From today (Monday), the Old Queen’s Head, in Essex Road, Islington, will have comedy, live music and DJ sets and the show will continue through the weekend.
Events this week include DJ sets from the Mystery Jets, Maccabees, performances from new bands Grouplove, New Deal and Chad Valley and the Sunday social.
Friday will see the big birthday knees up with live performances from up and coming bands, Various Cruelties and one of NME’s tips for the year, Tribe.
Ally Wolf the promotions manager said: “We are massively excited about our 5th Birthday, with the 7 days of shows and events we’ve got lined up, how could we not be!”
You may also want to watch:
The pub has an upstairs live music and dancing venue, and has planning permission to develop another floor.
It has become known for hosting famous live act on their way up including such famous names as folk band, Mumford & Sons, rapper, Roots Manuva and dance duo, Chemical Brothers.
- 1 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 2 How much do you know about Islington?
- 3 Family appeal for help to find Islington man missing for more than two weeks
- 4 Architectural view: A tribute to bricks and Haggerston's 'houses of commons'
- 5 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 6 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 7 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 8 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 9 Bull's head with links to 'Cally Market' going under the hammer
- 10 Letter: 'Highbury Corner is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
Regular life drawing classes, theatre shows, play readings, vintage clothing sales, hula hoop lessons and even contemporary opera are also held in the pub.
Tickets for events this week are available from www.theoldqueenshead.com.