Islington’s programme of summer fun unveiled
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters enjoyed the sunshine at the town hall’s Heatwave scheme as this year line-up was announced.
Arsenal football coaching sessions, a reading challenge and arts, crafts and crockery are among activities planned as part of Islington Council’s annual summer programme for children.
Every school in the borough will be given details of events to pass on to pupils and parents, with information also available at council-run buildings.
Physical activities will include ice skating and a play day on August 6. There will also be a “Beastly Islington” exhibition at the Islington Museum and lots of chances to win prizes.
Joe Caluori, the council’s executive member for children and families, said: “In the school summer holidays, it’s important that we make sure there are lots of free and low-cost activities for children and young people in the borough.
You may also want to watch:
“Alongside the special summer events, all of Islington’s brilliant youth hubs and adventure playgrounds will also be open as usual.”
n Visit islington.gov.uk/heatwave for full details.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 8 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition