Islington’s programme of summer fun unveiled
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters enjoyed the sunshine at the town hall’s Heatwave scheme as this year line-up was announced.
Arsenal football coaching sessions, a reading challenge and arts, crafts and crockery are among activities planned as part of Islington Council’s annual summer programme for children.
Every school in the borough will be given details of events to pass on to pupils and parents, with information also available at council-run buildings.
Physical activities will include ice skating and a play day on August 6. There will also be a “Beastly Islington” exhibition at the Islington Museum and lots of chances to win prizes.
Joe Caluori, the council’s executive member for children and families, said: “In the school summer holidays, it’s important that we make sure there are lots of free and low-cost activities for children and young people in the borough.
You may also want to watch:
“Alongside the special summer events, all of Islington’s brilliant youth hubs and adventure playgrounds will also be open as usual.”
n Visit islington.gov.uk/heatwave for full details.
- 1 Seventh man charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 2 Low Traffic Islington coalition launched to support council's LTN roll-out
- 3 Open spaces, LTNs, vouchers, vaccinations and neonatal care
- 4 Plans to chop down 70-year-old Islington mulberry tree paused
- 5 WATCH: Air ambulance called to Islington flat fire
- 6 'Real disappointment' over uptake of Covid vaccine among care home staff
- 7 Three strikes and you're out: Jail term for drug dealer
- 8 Police force entry to alleged Islington 'house party' amid pandemic
- 9 'This is the end of my political career': Richard Watts stands down
- 10 Over-65s vaccinations begin in England as centre reports lack of patients