Islington’s programme of summer fun unveiled
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters enjoyed the sunshine at the town hall’s Heatwave scheme as this year line-up was announced.
Arsenal football coaching sessions, a reading challenge and arts, crafts and crockery are among activities planned as part of Islington Council’s annual summer programme for children.
Every school in the borough will be given details of events to pass on to pupils and parents, with information also available at council-run buildings.
Physical activities will include ice skating and a play day on August 6. There will also be a “Beastly Islington” exhibition at the Islington Museum and lots of chances to win prizes.
Joe Caluori, the council’s executive member for children and families, said: “In the school summer holidays, it’s important that we make sure there are lots of free and low-cost activities for children and young people in the borough.
You may also want to watch:
“Alongside the special summer events, all of Islington’s brilliant youth hubs and adventure playgrounds will also be open as usual.”
n Visit islington.gov.uk/heatwave for full details.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 7 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London