Islington set for month-long spring clean
- Credit: Archant
The grimy corners of the borough will be given a spring clean this month.
Councillors schools and residents will be donning boots and rolling up their sleeves to get stuck into litter picks, fly-tips, graffiti and dirty pavements as part of Islington’s spring clean.
Nag’s Head town centre, Finsbury Park, Caledonian Road and Archway will all be targeted during the initiative.
Cllr Claudia Webbe, Islington Council’s executive member for environment and transport said: “We are committed to improving the environment of our town centres for the thousands of residents, businesses and workers who live in, trade from or commute through them.
“We are getting the whole community involved in our clean-ups because together we can make a difference.
You may also want to watch:
“Residents who have long wanted a local grot spot tackled or would like to join in the spring clean, can go online to find out more.”
Clean Up Nag’s Head Week runs from March 2 to 8 to and is followed by Clean Up Finsbury Park Week, March 9 to 15; Clean Up Archway Week, March 16 to 22 and Clean Up Caledonian Road Week, March 23 to 29.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 3 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 9 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 10 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
Residents are asked to Tweet their photos to report progress of the clean ups and alert the council to the location of any outstanding jobs using #CleanUpFinsburyPark, #CleanUpNagsHead, #CleanUpArchway and #CleanUpCallyRoad.
In advance of the clean ups, postcards and posters are being distributed in each town centre.
To find out more about Islington’s Spring Clean here