Islington set for month-long spring clean
- Credit: Archant
The grimy corners of the borough will be given a spring clean this month.
Councillors schools and residents will be donning boots and rolling up their sleeves to get stuck into litter picks, fly-tips, graffiti and dirty pavements as part of Islington’s spring clean.
Nag’s Head town centre, Finsbury Park, Caledonian Road and Archway will all be targeted during the initiative.
Cllr Claudia Webbe, Islington Council’s executive member for environment and transport said: “We are committed to improving the environment of our town centres for the thousands of residents, businesses and workers who live in, trade from or commute through them.
“We are getting the whole community involved in our clean-ups because together we can make a difference.
You may also want to watch:
“Residents who have long wanted a local grot spot tackled or would like to join in the spring clean, can go online to find out more.”
Clean Up Nag’s Head Week runs from March 2 to 8 to and is followed by Clean Up Finsbury Park Week, March 9 to 15; Clean Up Archway Week, March 16 to 22 and Clean Up Caledonian Road Week, March 23 to 29.
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 5 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 6 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 7 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 8 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 9 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 10 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
Residents are asked to Tweet their photos to report progress of the clean ups and alert the council to the location of any outstanding jobs using #CleanUpFinsburyPark, #CleanUpNagsHead, #CleanUpArchway and #CleanUpCallyRoad.
In advance of the clean ups, postcards and posters are being distributed in each town centre.
To find out more about Islington’s Spring Clean here