Islington shopper can nominate community groups and charities for funding via Tesco bags of help scheme
- Credit: Archant
Community groups and charities across Islington are invited to apply for funding through the Tesco bags of help scheme.
Applications are open for 2020, with more than £6million to be allocated across England throughout the year.
Anyone can nominate groups and charities benefiting communities England. Three groups from Islington will be awarded grant amounts of £2,000, £1,000 or £500 every three months.
The scheme sees money raised from the sale of reusable bags for life in Tesco stores across the country.
Customers vote for shortlisted charities using blue tokens handed out in stores.
You may also want to watch:
Keith Jackson, bags of help manager at Tesco, said: "From projects to improve community spaces to groups looking for support with community events, purchasing new equipment and funding coaches, we encourage you to nominate and apply, and get involved in this fantastic scheme."
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 5 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 6 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 7 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 8 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 9 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 10 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing