Islington shopper can nominate community groups and charities for funding via Tesco bags of help scheme
- Credit: Archant
Community groups and charities across Islington are invited to apply for funding through the Tesco bags of help scheme.
Applications are open for 2020, with more than £6million to be allocated across England throughout the year.
Anyone can nominate groups and charities benefiting communities England. Three groups from Islington will be awarded grant amounts of £2,000, £1,000 or £500 every three months.
The scheme sees money raised from the sale of reusable bags for life in Tesco stores across the country.
Customers vote for shortlisted charities using blue tokens handed out in stores.
You may also want to watch:
Keith Jackson, bags of help manager at Tesco, said: "From projects to improve community spaces to groups looking for support with community events, purchasing new equipment and funding coaches, we encourage you to nominate and apply, and get involved in this fantastic scheme."
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 10 Tony Eastlake: Man in court over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller