Islington single mum’s screenplay starring Big Brother’s Jemima Slade
- Credit: Archant
Whodunnit being shot at locations in borough
A single mum is dreaming of the silver screen as her first script is set for filming.
Suzanne Seddon penned her thriller A Fool’s Circle at Christmas and is set to release the trailer.
She will star in and direct the film which has a cast including her nine-year-old daughter Poppy-Willow, media journeyman Garry Bushell and former Big Brother contestant Jemima Slade.
Miss Seddon, a lifelong Islington resident who lives in Englefield Road, has been filming at sites across the borough and is now hoping to use crowd funding to finance the project.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s the first bit of writing I’ve ever done,” said Miss Seddon, a single mother who also cares for her 86-year-old father.
“It was a bit of escapism to be honest.
- 1 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 2 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 6 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 7 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 8 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Finsbury Park to get its own Pokémon-GO style story
“Being a single mother and a carer for my dad I thought it would be nice to do something positive. I just sat down and started writing.
“I had recently been diagnosed with spondylitis (inflammation of the spine) and I was fed up so needed something to do.
“At first it was just supposed to be a short film but it ended up 150 pages long.”
The film started off as a play she wrote more than three years ago and performed at Anna Scher’s theatre in Penton Street.
The “who done it” thriller sees many cast members from a casual drama group that she has run for years with contributors offering their services for free.
Among those is Two Blokes Films, put together by Simon Marsh and Craig Wyting, who got involved after reading the script.
Mr Marsh said: “The script was intriguing. We liked the whole idea of the circle – but we can’t give too much away.
“It’s only myself and Suzanne that actually know the ending, the cast don’t even know what happens.”
A Fool’s Circle already has scenes shot in the Raj Hotel in Essex Road and at the North Pole pub in New North Road.
Further costs have been saved with Tesco and Sainsbury’s providing food for the cast for the shoots.
“Everyone has been great, all the actors loved the scripts and agreed to do it for nothing. I just hope that we can get the funding now from the local community. I’ve lived here all my life and we’re filming in the borough, it would be great if we could get the support.”
The trailer for A Fool’s Circle is expected to be ready by the end of September along with details of how the get involved with the project.