Islington start-ups: ‘Badvent’ calendars, Old Street
Every week, we take to the streets to find a start-up business right here in Islington. This week, we spotted an Old Street artist trying to make sense of 2016.
Like a lot of people, illustrator Kate Hazell has had enough of 2016. So she’s decided to celebrate it ending by creating a “badvent calendar”.
The Old Street artist has come up with some absolutely shocking Christmas puns and compiled 25 of them to create her calendar.
Among them are a drawing of a “pistmas elf”, “rude Dolph” and “crapping paper”. You get the idea.
Kate said she did it to lighten the mood over the holiday period. “2016 has been the year of celebrity deaths, Brexit and Trump,” she said. “So like lots of people, I’m looking forward to seeing the back of it. Hopefully some rude Christmas drawings will help us all see the funny side.”
You may also want to watch:
The one-off “badvent calendar” is available to buy online at katehazell.com/shop, where she is also selling sets of 15 badvent gift tags.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 3 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 4 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 5 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 6 'We will miss you': Tufnell Park's Ruby Violet ice cream parlour to close
- 7 £1.5m revamp of Stroud Green Primary School given go-ahead
- 8 'Holborn isn't the only dangerous junction for cyclists and pedestrians'
- 9 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 10 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'