Islington start-ups: ‘Badvent’ calendars, Old Street
Every week, we take to the streets to find a start-up business right here in Islington. This week, we spotted an Old Street artist trying to make sense of 2016.
Like a lot of people, illustrator Kate Hazell has had enough of 2016. So she’s decided to celebrate it ending by creating a “badvent calendar”.
The Old Street artist has come up with some absolutely shocking Christmas puns and compiled 25 of them to create her calendar.
Among them are a drawing of a “pistmas elf”, “rude Dolph” and “crapping paper”. You get the idea.
Kate said she did it to lighten the mood over the holiday period. “2016 has been the year of celebrity deaths, Brexit and Trump,” she said. “So like lots of people, I’m looking forward to seeing the back of it. Hopefully some rude Christmas drawings will help us all see the funny side.”
You may also want to watch:
The one-off “badvent calendar” is available to buy online at katehazell.com/shop, where she is also selling sets of 15 badvent gift tags.
- 1 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern