Islington start-ups: Card holder-cum-bag carries weight
- Credit: Archant
City University student Jindarat Srisuk caused quite a stir at the recent “Made @ City” event with her start-up Nymodig London, which combines a purse and a carrier bag into one!
Jindarat, named Fish by her friends, started the company from home during her time at City University as a way to avoid paying the 5p that shops charge for carrier bags.
“I always forget a bag when I do shopping, and I dislike having to pay 5p for the plastic bags.
“As a consequence, I have a stockpile of these bags that are hoarded in my cupboard as they’re rarely reused.
“So I wondered how I can find a solution to this problem.”
You may also want to watch:
The card holder stores within it a fold-out bag, which is easily retractable once used. You’ll be able to pick yours up soon at nymodiglondon.com
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 3 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 4 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 5 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 6 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
- 7 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 8 'Help! I found a lizard in my luggage after my holiday'
- 9 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 10 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder