Islington start-ups: Card holder-cum-bag carries weight
- Credit: Archant
City University student Jindarat Srisuk caused quite a stir at the recent “Made @ City” event with her start-up Nymodig London, which combines a purse and a carrier bag into one!
Jindarat, named Fish by her friends, started the company from home during her time at City University as a way to avoid paying the 5p that shops charge for carrier bags.
“I always forget a bag when I do shopping, and I dislike having to pay 5p for the plastic bags.
“As a consequence, I have a stockpile of these bags that are hoarded in my cupboard as they’re rarely reused.
“So I wondered how I can find a solution to this problem.”
You may also want to watch:
The card holder stores within it a fold-out bag, which is easily retractable once used. You’ll be able to pick yours up soon at nymodiglondon.com
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 5 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 6 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 7 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 8 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park