Islington start-ups: Cookies and Scream, Holloway Road’s edgiest dessert parlour
- Credit: Archant
Every week, we take to the streets to find a start-up business right here in Islington. This week, we spotted a vegan and gluten-free dessert shop in Holloway Road.
Cookies and Scream, which opened in Holloway Road on Sunday, is so cool that when I approached the management for this column on Monday, I was flatly rejected by an automated email.
It told me: “We do not do any interviews. We hope our treats speak for themselves.”
Usually, I would go looking elsewhere. But with a vegan editor, whose eyes light up at the mention of Cookies and Scream’s other branch in Camden, I was given the blessing to flag this shop, which is at the Drayton Park junction.
Family-run Cookies and Scream is like your normal dessert parlour, from banoffee pie to chocolate chip cookies to iced doughnuts – only all of its products are dairy, egg, wheat and gluten-free.
You may also want to watch:
Cookies and Scream, 130 Holloway Road. For more information, visit cookiesandscream.com
- 1 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing