Islington start-ups: Cookies and Scream, Holloway Road’s edgiest dessert parlour
- Credit: Archant
Every week, we take to the streets to find a start-up business right here in Islington. This week, we spotted a vegan and gluten-free dessert shop in Holloway Road.
Cookies and Scream, which opened in Holloway Road on Sunday, is so cool that when I approached the management for this column on Monday, I was flatly rejected by an automated email.
It told me: “We do not do any interviews. We hope our treats speak for themselves.”
Usually, I would go looking elsewhere. But with a vegan editor, whose eyes light up at the mention of Cookies and Scream’s other branch in Camden, I was given the blessing to flag this shop, which is at the Drayton Park junction.
Family-run Cookies and Scream is like your normal dessert parlour, from banoffee pie to chocolate chip cookies to iced doughnuts – only all of its products are dairy, egg, wheat and gluten-free.
You may also want to watch:
Cookies and Scream, 130 Holloway Road. For more information, visit cookiesandscream.com
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 3 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 4 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 5 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 8 'We will miss you': Tufnell Park's Ruby Violet ice cream parlour to close
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25