Islington start-ups: Eve’s Designer Outlet, Islington Green
- Credit: Archant
Every week, we take to the streets to find a start-up business right here in Islington. This week, we spotted a new designer outlet shop in an unlikely location.
The Upper Street area – with its boutiques, artisan bakeries and expensive restaurants – is probably the last place you would expect there to be a designer outlet.
But to Eve Francis, owner of Eve’s Designer Outlet in Islington Green, it makes perfect sense: “With the climate at the moment, no one has money for clothes.”
Eve opened the shop in June because she was “sick of working for other people”.
With her background in sales, she used her supplier contacts to stock last season’s designer clothes, shoes and accessories.
You may also want to watch:
Though there was a scary moment three months ago – “There was a hold-up: a guy came in with a machete and hammer” – she reports business has been going well.
Eve is also happy with her shop’s location outside a bus stop: “You can’t buy that sort of advertising.”
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 5 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 6 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 7 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 8 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo