Islington start-ups: Eve’s Designer Outlet, Islington Green
- Credit: Archant
Every week, we take to the streets to find a start-up business right here in Islington. This week, we spotted a new designer outlet shop in an unlikely location.
The Upper Street area – with its boutiques, artisan bakeries and expensive restaurants – is probably the last place you would expect there to be a designer outlet.
But to Eve Francis, owner of Eve’s Designer Outlet in Islington Green, it makes perfect sense: “With the climate at the moment, no one has money for clothes.”
Eve opened the shop in June because she was “sick of working for other people”.
With her background in sales, she used her supplier contacts to stock last season’s designer clothes, shoes and accessories.
You may also want to watch:
Though there was a scary moment three months ago – “There was a hold-up: a guy came in with a machete and hammer” – she reports business has been going well.
Eve is also happy with her shop’s location outside a bus stop: “You can’t buy that sort of advertising.”
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 3 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’