Islington start-ups: Kichn, clean eating delivery in Barnsbury Road
- Credit: Archant
Every week, we take to the streets to find a start-up business right here in Islington. This week, we found a takeaway focusing on “clean eating”.
Pad Thai and pizzas making you feel guilty? Well, the recently opened Kichn offers food delivery for the clean eating age.
Most people expect, and happily encourage, their calorie intakes to go through the roof when ordering delivery food.
But Kichn, in Barnsbury Road, offers nutritious, freshly prepared meals such as falafel, carrot and sweet potato fritters.
Owner Tarquinn Orgill said: “There wasn’t anywhere catering for people who want tasty, everyday and healthy food that is reasonably priced.
You may also want to watch:
“When you come in from work and you’re tired, sometimes you just want to order in something for delivery – but you still want it to be healthy.
“That’s what we are here for. We are no frills, we are just a kitchen where we make good, clean food.”
- 1 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 2 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 3 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 6 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 7 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 8 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 9 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing