Islington start-ups: Kichn, clean eating delivery in Barnsbury Road
- Credit: Archant
Every week, we take to the streets to find a start-up business right here in Islington. This week, we found a takeaway focusing on “clean eating”.
Pad Thai and pizzas making you feel guilty? Well, the recently opened Kichn offers food delivery for the clean eating age.
Most people expect, and happily encourage, their calorie intakes to go through the roof when ordering delivery food.
But Kichn, in Barnsbury Road, offers nutritious, freshly prepared meals such as falafel, carrot and sweet potato fritters.
Owner Tarquinn Orgill said: “There wasn’t anywhere catering for people who want tasty, everyday and healthy food that is reasonably priced.
You may also want to watch:
“When you come in from work and you’re tired, sometimes you just want to order in something for delivery – but you still want it to be healthy.
“That’s what we are here for. We are no frills, we are just a kitchen where we make good, clean food.”
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 3 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 4 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 7 'We will miss you': Tufnell Park's Ruby Violet ice cream parlour to close
- 8 £1.5m revamp of Stroud Green Primary School given go-ahead
- 9 'Holborn isn't the only dangerous junction for cyclists and pedestrians'
- 10 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing