Islington start-ups: Margaret Moreland bridal shop, New North Road
- Credit: Archant
Every week, we take to the streets to find a start-up business right here in Islington. This week, we spotted a new bridal design shop that is attracting both male and female attention...
An Irish bridal designer has opened a flagship London store in New North Road.
Margaret Moreland also has shops in Dublin and Athlone, but this is the first store she has opened outside of Ireland.
And her collection is already attracting attention. She said: “I swear to you more guys have been stopping by the window than girls. When you get the guys interested you know you’re doing something right.”
Islington has the second highest number of Irish people living in England, second to Brent.
You may also want to watch:
And Margaret’s brother, Paul Moreland, said the shop is filling a gap in the market: “She’s pretty well known in London. There are lots of Irish women who live in the area but are getting married in Ireland, so they want to get their fitting done here first.”
Of the opening, he added: “At the moment it’s a soft opening by appointment only. Our main launch is in January as that’s traditionally when brides shop for dresses. There are lots of people getting engaged over Christmas.”
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Islington shooting victim named
- 7 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 8 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 10 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal