Islington start-ups: Margaret Moreland bridal shop, New North Road
- Credit: Archant
Every week, we take to the streets to find a start-up business right here in Islington. This week, we spotted a new bridal design shop that is attracting both male and female attention...
An Irish bridal designer has opened a flagship London store in New North Road.
Margaret Moreland also has shops in Dublin and Athlone, but this is the first store she has opened outside of Ireland.
And her collection is already attracting attention. She said: “I swear to you more guys have been stopping by the window than girls. When you get the guys interested you know you’re doing something right.”
Islington has the second highest number of Irish people living in England, second to Brent.
You may also want to watch:
And Margaret’s brother, Paul Moreland, said the shop is filling a gap in the market: “She’s pretty well known in London. There are lots of Irish women who live in the area but are getting married in Ireland, so they want to get their fitting done here first.”
Of the opening, he added: “At the moment it’s a soft opening by appointment only. Our main launch is in January as that’s traditionally when brides shop for dresses. There are lots of people getting engaged over Christmas.”
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault