Islington start-ups: ‘Warriorrr’ classes for mums in Highbury
- Credit: Archant
Every week, we take to the streets to find a start-up business right here in Islington. This week, we spoke to an instructor who is running fitness classes for new mums in a Highbury church.
A Highbury trainer has started a fitness business dedicated to new mums.
The idea struck Eliza Flynn, 35, after she gave birth to son Arthur in August last year.
Eliza, who runs the popular Healthy Living London blog, is taking the “Warriorrr” sessions – for mums six weeks after birth – every Monday at Christ Church Highbury.
She said: “I know from experience how tempting it is to start exercising as soon as possible. But it’s so easy to ignore the exercises the body actually needs after giving birth.
You may also want to watch:
“I saw and heard of a lot of mums who wanted to get back into fitness but were jumping in too quickly and getting injured.
“So it gave me the idea to start a business with specialised routines for new mums, in a fun environment where babies can come along, too.”
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 4 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 5 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 6 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 7 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 10 Hundreds are heirs to an estate and may not even know