Islington start-ups: ‘Warriorrr’ classes for mums in Highbury
- Credit: Archant
Every week, we take to the streets to find a start-up business right here in Islington. This week, we spoke to an instructor who is running fitness classes for new mums in a Highbury church.
A Highbury trainer has started a fitness business dedicated to new mums.
The idea struck Eliza Flynn, 35, after she gave birth to son Arthur in August last year.
Eliza, who runs the popular Healthy Living London blog, is taking the “Warriorrr” sessions – for mums six weeks after birth – every Monday at Christ Church Highbury.
She said: “I know from experience how tempting it is to start exercising as soon as possible. But it’s so easy to ignore the exercises the body actually needs after giving birth.
“I saw and heard of a lot of mums who wanted to get back into fitness but were jumping in too quickly and getting injured.
“So it gave me the idea to start a business with specialised routines for new mums, in a fun environment where babies can come along, too.”
- 1 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 2 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 3 Replacement Finsbury Park leisure centre a step closer
- 4 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 5 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 6 Former Met cop faces trial with seven others over alleged bribery plot
- 7 Deadline extended for Islington's greener futures fund
- 8 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury
- 9 Incinerator protest group WhatsApp infiltrated by waste authority member
- 10 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids