Islington start-ups: ‘Warriorrr’ classes for mums in Highbury
- Credit: Archant
Every week, we take to the streets to find a start-up business right here in Islington. This week, we spoke to an instructor who is running fitness classes for new mums in a Highbury church.
A Highbury trainer has started a fitness business dedicated to new mums.
The idea struck Eliza Flynn, 35, after she gave birth to son Arthur in August last year.
Eliza, who runs the popular Healthy Living London blog, is taking the “Warriorrr” sessions – for mums six weeks after birth – every Monday at Christ Church Highbury.
She said: “I know from experience how tempting it is to start exercising as soon as possible. But it’s so easy to ignore the exercises the body actually needs after giving birth.
You may also want to watch:
“I saw and heard of a lot of mums who wanted to get back into fitness but were jumping in too quickly and getting injured.
“So it gave me the idea to start a business with specialised routines for new mums, in a fun environment where babies can come along, too.”
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 7 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 8 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 9 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 10 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'