Islington students get A-level results
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Students across the borough are collecting their A-level results this morning (Thurs).
They join about 300,000 sixth formers across England, Wales and Northern Ireland eagerly finding out their grades which, for many, will determine if they have got into the universities of their choice.
Schools will be looking to improve on last year’s results which saw Islington students buck the national trend showing a dip in A-level grades.
A total of 79 per cent of entries gained A* to C grades.
While many students will be celebrating today, for others the day will bring dismay at missing out on the grades they needed for a much-wanted degree or training course.
But sixth-formers who find themselves in the second category are advised to look at alternative courses as soon as possible.
Would-be university students can log into the Track service on the UCAS website this morning to see if they have secured their degree place, or if they are eligible to enter clearing.
- 1 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 2 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 3 Replacement Finsbury Park leisure centre a step closer
- 4 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 5 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 6 Deadline extended for Islington's greener futures fund
- 7 Former Met cop faces trial with seven others over alleged bribery plot
- 8 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury
- 9 Islington: Cycle track could be back if funding found
- 10 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids
The Exam Results Helpline will be open via phone, on 0808 100 8000 or Facebook and Twitter to offer advice and tips to students whether their grades are higher or lower than expected.
Advisers will be on hand to talk through all the options, including re-sits, vocational courses, gap years, funding, careers and employment.
Live coverage will be on the Gazette website all day. Send us your stories at firstname.lastname@example.org.