Islington students get A-level results
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Students across the borough are collecting their A-level results this morning (Thurs).
They join about 300,000 sixth formers across England, Wales and Northern Ireland eagerly finding out their grades which, for many, will determine if they have got into the universities of their choice.
Schools will be looking to improve on last year’s results which saw Islington students buck the national trend showing a dip in A-level grades.
A total of 79 per cent of entries gained A* to C grades.
While many students will be celebrating today, for others the day will bring dismay at missing out on the grades they needed for a much-wanted degree or training course.
You may also want to watch:
But sixth-formers who find themselves in the second category are advised to look at alternative courses as soon as possible.
Would-be university students can log into the Track service on the UCAS website this morning to see if they have secured their degree place, or if they are eligible to enter clearing.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 4 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 8 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25
- 10 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
The Exam Results Helpline will be open via phone, on 0808 100 8000 or Facebook and Twitter to offer advice and tips to students whether their grades are higher or lower than expected.
Advisers will be on hand to talk through all the options, including re-sits, vocational courses, gap years, funding, careers and employment.
Live coverage will be on the Gazette website all day. Send us your stories at email@example.com.