Islington teen chosen for ad campaign shot by Rankin featuring Jermain Jackman
- Credit: Archant
An Islington teenager has been chosen from thousands of hopefuls to be part of an advertising campaign shot by world-famous photographer Rankin.
George Riley, 16, of Mildmay Grove South, will appear on billboards across the country as part of the National Citizen Service’s (NCS) first UK-wide advertising campaign.
More than 130,000 teenagers have worked with NCS since 2001, including The Voice winner Jermain Jackman, working to improve their confidence and helping them stand out from their peers.
George, who said had been transformed by NCS, said: “NCS has opened up so many new doors for me.
“Since taking part I’ve gone on to enter public speaking and debating competitions such as MACE in which we faced only private schools including Westminster and Francis Holland, and still managed to progress to the next round”
George was one of 22 NCS alumni who took part in the photoshoot, shot by artist Rankin, who has worked with the likes of Madonna, Kate Moss and Tony Blair,
He will feature alongside singer Mr Jackman on the billboards for the campaign entitled “Our Future” and “Generation Citizen”, including one in Caledonian Road.
- 1 Plan to extend popular Gooners pub with shops and flats
- 2 Disqualified driver jailed after hit-and-run involving Islington schoolgirl
- 3 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 4 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 5 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 6 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 7 Holloway BHF pleads for volunteers to help it stay open
- 8 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 9 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 10 'We've still not had Christmas cards': Royal Mail apologises as post backlog hits Islington