Islington teen chosen for ad campaign shot by Rankin featuring Jermain Jackman
- Credit: Archant
An Islington teenager has been chosen from thousands of hopefuls to be part of an advertising campaign shot by world-famous photographer Rankin.
George Riley, 16, of Mildmay Grove South, will appear on billboards across the country as part of the National Citizen Service’s (NCS) first UK-wide advertising campaign.
More than 130,000 teenagers have worked with NCS since 2001, including The Voice winner Jermain Jackman, working to improve their confidence and helping them stand out from their peers.
George, who said had been transformed by NCS, said: “NCS has opened up so many new doors for me.
“Since taking part I’ve gone on to enter public speaking and debating competitions such as MACE in which we faced only private schools including Westminster and Francis Holland, and still managed to progress to the next round”
You may also want to watch:
George was one of 22 NCS alumni who took part in the photoshoot, shot by artist Rankin, who has worked with the likes of Madonna, Kate Moss and Tony Blair,
He will feature alongside singer Mr Jackman on the billboards for the campaign entitled “Our Future” and “Generation Citizen”, including one in Caledonian Road.
- 1 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 2 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 3 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 4 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 5 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- 6 Islington's John Ryder heads to Texas for big fight
- 7 Arsenal midfielder Jill Roord reported to be on Wolfsburg's radar
- 8 Row over ‘underhanded’ approach derails Amazon Fresh store opening
- 9 Highbury restaurant joins 'recipes against racism' campaign
- 10 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?