Islington teen faces jail for savage Primrose Hill bike mugging
THREE teenage thugs who broke a boy’s nose while trying to mug him on picturesque Primrose Hill are facing jail.
Foyjul Amin, 19, and two younger accomplices who cannot be named, attacked the victim in the world famous park after he tried to stop them snatching his bicycle.
They were arrested after a heroic member of the public saw what was happening, followed them and called 999.
Mark James-Dawson, prosecuting, said the 17-year-old defendant, who cannot be named, was the first to pick on the boy.
He said: “It is instigated by him, the group is six or seven strong.
You may also want to watch:
“He says: ‘Is that your bike?’ He grabs the bike and tries to pull it away.
“The rest of the group join in. Punches are thrown, the Crown can’t say whether the punches are thrown by either of the other defendants. Members were heard to say: ‘Give me your money.’
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Tony Eastlake: Man in court over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
“This was witnessed by a member of the public. The group immediately fled without any property. The member of the public followed them for a short time. They were then picked up on CCTV - 999 had been called.
“Members of the group run away and there is a short chase.
“These three were arrested.”
The lawyer said the victim, who is under 18 and also cannot be named, suffered a broken nose, sprained finger and a black eye.
All three defendants have broken the law before including with ‘robbery matters’.
Amin, of Caledonian Road, Islington, the 17-year-old, of Kentish Town, and the 16-year-old, of Bloomsbury, all admitted attempted robbery on February 26. They will be sentenced at a later date.