Islington teen faces jail for savage Primrose Hill bike mugging
THREE teenage thugs who broke a boy’s nose while trying to mug him on picturesque Primrose Hill are facing jail.
Foyjul Amin, 19, and two younger accomplices who cannot be named, attacked the victim in the world famous park after he tried to stop them snatching his bicycle.
They were arrested after a heroic member of the public saw what was happening, followed them and called 999.
Mark James-Dawson, prosecuting, said the 17-year-old defendant, who cannot be named, was the first to pick on the boy.
He said: “It is instigated by him, the group is six or seven strong.
You may also want to watch:
“He says: ‘Is that your bike?’ He grabs the bike and tries to pull it away.
“The rest of the group join in. Punches are thrown, the Crown can’t say whether the punches are thrown by either of the other defendants. Members were heard to say: ‘Give me your money.’
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 7 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 8 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 9 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 10 'We will miss you': Tufnell Park's Ruby Violet ice cream parlour to close
“This was witnessed by a member of the public. The group immediately fled without any property. The member of the public followed them for a short time. They were then picked up on CCTV - 999 had been called.
“Members of the group run away and there is a short chase.
“These three were arrested.”
The lawyer said the victim, who is under 18 and also cannot be named, suffered a broken nose, sprained finger and a black eye.
All three defendants have broken the law before including with ‘robbery matters’.
Amin, of Caledonian Road, Islington, the 17-year-old, of Kentish Town, and the 16-year-old, of Bloomsbury, all admitted attempted robbery on February 26. They will be sentenced at a later date.