Islington teen killed in moped collision
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A teenager killed in a moped collision with two cars was from Islington, police say.
Officers named the victim as 17-year-old Joe Walker, who died following an incident on Seven Sisters Road, Haringey, on Sunday afternoon.
At about 1pm, he is thought to have been part of convoy travelling north along Seven Sisters Road when he collided with a black Ford Focus and was thrown into the path of a red Volkswagen Polo.
London’s Air Ambulance attended and tried to save him, but despite their efforts he died at the scene.
Next of kin have been informed and a post-mortem examination has taken place.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt Jane Mallet, from the Serious Collision investigation Unit, said: “This is a busy road and the collision took place when there were many vehicles travelling in both directions. I am keen to hear from anyone that has any information that could assist us with our investigation.”
Anyone who witnessed the incident can call the Serious Collision investigation Unit on 020 8991 9555 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Islington's John Ryder heads to Texas for big fight
- 2 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 3 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 4 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 5 Highbury restaurant joins 'recipes against racism' campaign
- 6 Row over ‘underhanded’ approach derails Amazon Fresh store opening
- 7 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 8 Arsenal midfielder Jill Roord reported to be on Wolfsburg's radar
- 9 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- 10 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party