Islington teen killed in moped collision
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A teenager killed in a moped collision with two cars was from Islington, police say.
Officers named the victim as 17-year-old Joe Walker, who died following an incident on Seven Sisters Road, Haringey, on Sunday afternoon.
At about 1pm, he is thought to have been part of convoy travelling north along Seven Sisters Road when he collided with a black Ford Focus and was thrown into the path of a red Volkswagen Polo.
London’s Air Ambulance attended and tried to save him, but despite their efforts he died at the scene.
Next of kin have been informed and a post-mortem examination has taken place.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt Jane Mallet, from the Serious Collision investigation Unit, said: “This is a busy road and the collision took place when there were many vehicles travelling in both directions. I am keen to hear from anyone that has any information that could assist us with our investigation.”
Anyone who witnessed the incident can call the Serious Collision investigation Unit on 020 8991 9555 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago