Islington town hall best for lesbian and gay staff
- Credit: Archant
Gay rights campaigners Stonewall have named Islington Council as one of best places to work for LGBT people.
It has been ranked 13th in the charity’s top 100 employers for 2015 – up from 66th place last year.
The high ranking was credited to the council’s support for LGBT networks, nurturing LGBT staff development, seeking and reflecting the views of LGBT staff and promoting equality.
Simon Feeke, Stonewall director of workplace programmes, said: “Islington Council and every single employer who secured a position on the Stonewall Top 100 Employers 2015 list performed remarkably this year.”
Council leader Richard Watts said: “Our commitment to promoting equality at work and positively supporting the LGBT community we employ and serve is real and continues to be recognised. I am proud of this year’s rise in the rankings.”
You may also want to watch:
Islington is the only London authority to be included in the top 100.
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 3 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 4 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 5 Former Islington BC Slavisa Gegic fighter visits his old club
- 6 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 9 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 10 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington