Islington town hall best for lesbian and gay staff
- Credit: Archant
Gay rights campaigners Stonewall have named Islington Council as one of best places to work for LGBT people.
It has been ranked 13th in the charity’s top 100 employers for 2015 – up from 66th place last year.
The high ranking was credited to the council’s support for LGBT networks, nurturing LGBT staff development, seeking and reflecting the views of LGBT staff and promoting equality.
Simon Feeke, Stonewall director of workplace programmes, said: “Islington Council and every single employer who secured a position on the Stonewall Top 100 Employers 2015 list performed remarkably this year.”
Council leader Richard Watts said: “Our commitment to promoting equality at work and positively supporting the LGBT community we employ and serve is real and continues to be recognised. I am proud of this year’s rise in the rankings.”
You may also want to watch:
Islington is the only London authority to be included in the top 100.
- 1 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 2 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 3 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 4 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 5 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 6 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 7 Whittington NHS bosses announce maternity transformation plans
- 8 Sharks and rooftop pavilions: Time for planning laws 'middle way'
- 9 St George's Day, Partners Islington, LTNs and Local Plan policy
- 10 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?