Islington toy appeal for children’s hospice
- Credit: Archant
Residents in Islington are being urged to buy specialist Christmas toys for children with life-limited or serious medical conditions.
For the third year running, Haven House Children’s Hospice has compiled an Amazon Wish List of specialist toys and equipment that would be of greatest use for children at the facility.
Along with use in the hospice, the gifts, which are all gender neutral and designed to produce a sensory response, will be included in Haven House’s Toy Home Loan service, which serves the borough of Islington.
Mike Palfreman, Chief Executive of Haven House, said: “Christmas is a time when residents often want to generously donate toys to their local hospice.
“We decided to set up our Wish List in 2013 in order to make sure the most appropriate toys could be donated for our children.
You may also want to watch:
“To date more than £3,000 worth of items have been purchased from the Wish List and we hope to reach our target of £4,000 by the end of the year.”
To purchase the specialist toys or equipment visit the hospice’s Amazon Wish List.
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 3 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 4 Former Islington BC Slavisa Gegic fighter visits his old club
- 5 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 6 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 7 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 8 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 9 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 10 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket