Islington toy appeal for children’s hospice
- Credit: Archant
Residents in Islington are being urged to buy specialist Christmas toys for children with life-limited or serious medical conditions.
For the third year running, Haven House Children’s Hospice has compiled an Amazon Wish List of specialist toys and equipment that would be of greatest use for children at the facility.
Along with use in the hospice, the gifts, which are all gender neutral and designed to produce a sensory response, will be included in Haven House’s Toy Home Loan service, which serves the borough of Islington.
Mike Palfreman, Chief Executive of Haven House, said: “Christmas is a time when residents often want to generously donate toys to their local hospice.
“We decided to set up our Wish List in 2013 in order to make sure the most appropriate toys could be donated for our children.
You may also want to watch:
“To date more than £3,000 worth of items have been purchased from the Wish List and we hope to reach our target of £4,000 by the end of the year.”
To purchase the specialist toys or equipment visit the hospice’s Amazon Wish List.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Islington shooting victim named
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 9 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 10 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal