Islington toy appeal for children’s hospice
- Credit: Archant
Residents in Islington are being urged to buy specialist Christmas toys for children with life-limited or serious medical conditions.
For the third year running, Haven House Children’s Hospice has compiled an Amazon Wish List of specialist toys and equipment that would be of greatest use for children at the facility.
Along with use in the hospice, the gifts, which are all gender neutral and designed to produce a sensory response, will be included in Haven House’s Toy Home Loan service, which serves the borough of Islington.
Mike Palfreman, Chief Executive of Haven House, said: “Christmas is a time when residents often want to generously donate toys to their local hospice.
“We decided to set up our Wish List in 2013 in order to make sure the most appropriate toys could be donated for our children.
“To date more than £3,000 worth of items have been purchased from the Wish List and we hope to reach our target of £4,000 by the end of the year.”
To purchase the specialist toys or equipment visit the hospice’s Amazon Wish List.
- 1 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 2 'We've still not had Christmas cards': Royal Mail apologises as post backlog hits Islington
- 3 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 4 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 5 More than 18,000 Covid breach fines issued by Met during lockdowns
- 6 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 7 Replacement Finsbury Park leisure centre a step closer
- 8 How many alcohol-related fires were there in your borough last year?
- 9 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 10 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs