Islington voters head to the polls for two by-elections today
- Credit: Archant
More than 18,000 voters can have their say at the polls today as two wards hold by-elections.
In St George’s ward people can choose between publican Kat Fletcher for Labour, barrister Julian Gregory for the Lib Dems, charity executive Jon Nott for the Green Party, accountant Evan Williams for the Conservatives and Walter George Barfoot for the British National Party.
A St George’s seat became empty after incumbent Jessica Asato left to chase a parliamentary seat in Norwich.
Meanwhile in Junction ward, candidates are former Islington mayor Stefan Kasprzyk, Lib Dems, charity worker Kaya Makarau Schwartz, Labour, minister Mick Holloway, Green Party, non-practising barrister Patricia Napier, Conservatives, librarian Bill Martin, Socialist Party and Gary Townsend, British National Party.
Arthur Graves, an independent councillor, sparked the by-election when he stepped down from the council.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any questions can call 020 7527 3110 or visit www.islington.gov.uk.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 8 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 9 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 10 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox