Islington voters head to the polls for two by-elections today
- Credit: Archant
More than 18,000 voters can have their say at the polls today as two wards hold by-elections.
In St George’s ward people can choose between publican Kat Fletcher for Labour, barrister Julian Gregory for the Lib Dems, charity executive Jon Nott for the Green Party, accountant Evan Williams for the Conservatives and Walter George Barfoot for the British National Party.
A St George’s seat became empty after incumbent Jessica Asato left to chase a parliamentary seat in Norwich.
Meanwhile in Junction ward, candidates are former Islington mayor Stefan Kasprzyk, Lib Dems, charity worker Kaya Makarau Schwartz, Labour, minister Mick Holloway, Green Party, non-practising barrister Patricia Napier, Conservatives, librarian Bill Martin, Socialist Party and Gary Townsend, British National Party.
Arthur Graves, an independent councillor, sparked the by-election when he stepped down from the council.
Anyone with any questions can call 020 7527 3110 or visit www.islington.gov.uk.
- 1 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 2 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 3 Replacement Finsbury Park leisure centre a step closer
- 4 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 5 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 6 More than 18,000 Covid breach fines issued by Met during lockdowns
- 7 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 8 Deadline extended for Islington's greener futures fund
- 9 Former Met cop faces trial with seven others over alleged bribery plot
- 10 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids