Islington voters head to the polls for two by-elections today
- Credit: Archant
More than 18,000 voters can have their say at the polls today as two wards hold by-elections.
In St George’s ward people can choose between publican Kat Fletcher for Labour, barrister Julian Gregory for the Lib Dems, charity executive Jon Nott for the Green Party, accountant Evan Williams for the Conservatives and Walter George Barfoot for the British National Party.
A St George’s seat became empty after incumbent Jessica Asato left to chase a parliamentary seat in Norwich.
Meanwhile in Junction ward, candidates are former Islington mayor Stefan Kasprzyk, Lib Dems, charity worker Kaya Makarau Schwartz, Labour, minister Mick Holloway, Green Party, non-practising barrister Patricia Napier, Conservatives, librarian Bill Martin, Socialist Party and Gary Townsend, British National Party.
Arthur Graves, an independent councillor, sparked the by-election when he stepped down from the council.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any questions can call 020 7527 3110 or visit www.islington.gov.uk.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 4 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 5 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 8 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
- 9 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 10 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder