Islington second busiest borough for London’s Air Ambulance in 2018
- Credit: Archant
Islington had the second highest rate of London’s Air Ambulance call-outs in the capital last year, according to the charity’s data.
Air ambulances were sent to treat 85 patients in Islington in 2018, second only to Southwark, which had 90 incidents.
Across London, the charity treated 1656 patients: 485 of which them had been stabbed or shot, a further 469 had been involved in a collision, and 346 people had fallen from height.
“Thirty years of experience has taught us that trauma doesn’t discriminate,” said Jonathan Jenkins, chief exec of London’s Air Ambulance Charity.
“Serious injury can happen to anyone, at any time. It is vital that London knows that should the worst happen, our medical team can be by their side within minutes, performing critical and often life-saving interventions. We hope that by releasing these statistics, people in London will be able to see the scale of our work across the capital, and the way we have helped in their community.
You may also want to watch:
“With our annual costs at £10 million, and an ambitious vision to save even more lives, we have never been more reliant on the generosity of London.
“I urge people in Islington to continue to support our charity as we mark 30 Years Saving Lives in the capital. Your help allows us to be there for those who need us most.”
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 4 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 5 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 8 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
- 9 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 10 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
N1 was the second busiest postcode for London’s Air Ambulance last year, with 35 patients treated.