Islington woman shaves off hair to make pal’s big day
A Islington woman has shaved her head so a cancer-stricken friend can walk down the aisle with hair on her wedding day.
In a remarkable act of friendship, 29-year-old Miffy Grubb volunteered to chop her locks so close pal Ellie Jeffery, also 29, who is battling secondary breast cancer which has spread through her body, can have a full head of hair when she ties the knot in June.
In doing so, the student from Caledonian Road has also raised close to �5,000 for Action Against Cancer.
She said: “It felt like the right thing to do, to show solidarity and support while raising funds and awareness for the charity. I’m not one for running marathons, so I decided on doing this.”
Ellie, from Brixton, carried out the head shave last week and a hair artist friend will now make a weave from Miffy’s once shoulder-length, wavy locks.
You may also want to watch:
Ellie, who is undergoing chemotherapy, said Miffy was one of the most “amazing” women she had ever met.
She continued: “Not only is this a massively brave and generous thing to do, it will also provide me with hair to use for a made-to-measure wig.
- 1 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 2 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 3 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 4 Joe Montemurro says he expects Vivianne Miedema to stay at Arsenal
- 5 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Tributes paid to founder of Islington's Museum of Funeral History
- 8 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 9 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 10 Arsenal in negotiations for Mana Iwabuchi Joe Montemurro confirms
“The plan was to invest in a real-hair weave that would be stuck on. They look more realistic but it’s very expensive and quite difficult to source good hair. Because of Miffy I now have the hair.”
To sponsor Miffy retrospectively and donate to Action Against Cancer visit mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/miffygrubb1