Islington youngsters show off their talents
- Credit: Archant
More than 200 people attended a talent show to see talented youngsters from Islington sing, dance and rap.
The third Lift’s Got Talent Easter Showcase took place at Islington Council’s Lift Youth Hub in Angel.
Performances were given by The Movement dance collective, Roundhouse’s free running/Parkour Demo, Sanjuro Martial Arts Demo, CoCoJam dance group and Dance Roulette.
There was also a performance by Brick City, who reached the finals of last year’s X-Factor and have strong links with the youth club.
The show was hosted by members of the Lift Youth Hub, deputy young mayor of Islington, Shanaz Shaw, and Sheldan O’Garro, youth engagement associate.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Taylor, Islington Council’s director of schools and young people’s services, said: “The showcase was an opportunity for the young people to show how much they have learned by participating in the activities and projects at Lift.
“The amazing performances showed great self-esteem and confidence, and the huge positive contribution young people make to the community.”
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 4 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 5 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 6 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 7 Summer in the city: 5 Things to do in Islington this weekend
- 8 Statue to street cat Bob unveiled in Islington Green
- 9 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 10 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back