Islington youngsters show off their talents
- Credit: Archant
More than 200 people attended a talent show to see talented youngsters from Islington sing, dance and rap.
The third Lift’s Got Talent Easter Showcase took place at Islington Council’s Lift Youth Hub in Angel.
Performances were given by The Movement dance collective, Roundhouse’s free running/Parkour Demo, Sanjuro Martial Arts Demo, CoCoJam dance group and Dance Roulette.
There was also a performance by Brick City, who reached the finals of last year’s X-Factor and have strong links with the youth club.
The show was hosted by members of the Lift Youth Hub, deputy young mayor of Islington, Shanaz Shaw, and Sheldan O’Garro, youth engagement associate.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Taylor, Islington Council’s director of schools and young people’s services, said: “The showcase was an opportunity for the young people to show how much they have learned by participating in the activities and projects at Lift.
“The amazing performances showed great self-esteem and confidence, and the huge positive contribution young people make to the community.”
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 6 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 7 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 8 Club Curling comes to Coal Drops Yard in King’s Cross
- 9 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London