Islington youngsters show off their talents
- Credit: Archant
More than 200 people attended a talent show to see talented youngsters from Islington sing, dance and rap.
The third Lift’s Got Talent Easter Showcase took place at Islington Council’s Lift Youth Hub in Angel.
Performances were given by The Movement dance collective, Roundhouse’s free running/Parkour Demo, Sanjuro Martial Arts Demo, CoCoJam dance group and Dance Roulette.
There was also a performance by Brick City, who reached the finals of last year’s X-Factor and have strong links with the youth club.
The show was hosted by members of the Lift Youth Hub, deputy young mayor of Islington, Shanaz Shaw, and Sheldan O’Garro, youth engagement associate.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Taylor, Islington Council’s director of schools and young people’s services, said: “The showcase was an opportunity for the young people to show how much they have learned by participating in the activities and projects at Lift.
“The amazing performances showed great self-esteem and confidence, and the huge positive contribution young people make to the community.”
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 5 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 6 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 7 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 8 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 9 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 10 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat