Islington youth councillors discuss concerns with borough bosses
- Credit: Archant
Youth councillors met with Islington chiefs to discuss the main issues facing young people in the borough on Monday.
The budding politicians spoke with Islington’s mayor Cllr Dave Poyser and chief exec Lesley Seary at a town hall summit.
Key topics of conversation included safety, community centres, healthy lifestyles, and the need to create apprenticeships and work opportunities for Islington’s young people.
Islington young Mayor Honey Baker said: “It’s great that islington mayor and Chief Executive make time to meet with the youth councillors.
“It was really good that they shared their experiences of local government. It was also good to get some hints and tips from Mayor Poyser on campaigning for change.”
You may also want to watch:
The borough’s chief exec, Lesley Seary, said: “We had a great time – listening to the youth council sharing the issues facing young people in Islington as well as having some festive fun as the youth councillors tried on the robes and mayoral hats for size.”
To find out more about Islington’s Youth Council and its representatives visit the Youth Council pages. You can also follow the Youth Council on Twitter @IslingtonYC
- 1 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 8 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 9 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing