Islington youth councillors discuss concerns with borough bosses
- Credit: Archant
Youth councillors met with Islington chiefs to discuss the main issues facing young people in the borough on Monday.
The budding politicians spoke with Islington’s mayor Cllr Dave Poyser and chief exec Lesley Seary at a town hall summit.
Key topics of conversation included safety, community centres, healthy lifestyles, and the need to create apprenticeships and work opportunities for Islington’s young people.
Islington young Mayor Honey Baker said: “It’s great that islington mayor and Chief Executive make time to meet with the youth councillors.
“It was really good that they shared their experiences of local government. It was also good to get some hints and tips from Mayor Poyser on campaigning for change.”
You may also want to watch:
The borough’s chief exec, Lesley Seary, said: “We had a great time – listening to the youth council sharing the issues facing young people in Islington as well as having some festive fun as the youth councillors tried on the robes and mayoral hats for size.”
To find out more about Islington’s Youth Council and its representatives visit the Youth Council pages. You can also follow the Youth Council on Twitter @IslingtonYC
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington