It’s just like the good old days!
hey there everyone! my name is Vic and I have been an islington resident for 20 years. i love the borough with all its idiosyncracies. it is a brilliant place full of outstanding people and an extremely exciting history.
these two factors combined culminate in our Afternoon Tea Dance at the magnificent old Finsbury Town Hall, which is a lovely multi-cultural inter-generational event, much like a wedding.
we are very generously sponsored by the Community Chest Cripplegate funds so that it is affordable. For �3 for unwaged/senior citizens, and �6 for the waged, there is a three-hour social dance which includes three group lessons and dance demonstrations by the marvellous Rag Roof dancers. you get a seat round a table of eight so you can enjoy the fabulous tunes of bygone years in comfort and be brought home made cakes and tea at tea time... there is even a sneaky tipple if you fancy it .
People from Islington are able to relive beautiful times, remembering special dances and weddings that they attended there. We are encouraging islington folk to come along and be awed by the great hall. It is so fantastic – with the huge gilt mirrors, sensational art deco lights and the incredibly detailed ceiling.
You can have a dance or just listen and watch. There is always a friendly vibe and always someone to partner you on the lovely dance floor for a waltz or fox trot – the Charleston at tea-time is a total fave.
You may also want to watch:
please come along on Sunday, December 12, from 2pm to 5pm. Arrive early from 1.30 pm onwards to get a good seat. – Vic doggart, Art of the Dog, Charles Rowan House, Merlin Street, WC1.
- 1 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 2 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 3 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 6 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 9 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 10 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs