Iwobi leaves Arsenal for Everton
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal have sold Alex Iwobi to Everton in a deal worth a reported £40m, ending his 15-year spell at the club.
The 23-year-old signed for the Gunners aged just seven, going on to progress through the youth ranks before making his first-team debut in 2015.
He went on to make 148 appearances, scoring 15 goals.
Unai Emery paid tribute to the departing winger, saying: "Alex has made a big contribution here at Arsenal.
"He worked hard in the academy where he was an example to many young players and has been an important part of our squad.
You may also want to watch:
"We wish Alex every success in the future."
Iwobi has signed a five-year deal at Goodison Park.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 8 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing