Iwobi leaves Arsenal for Everton
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal have sold Alex Iwobi to Everton in a deal worth a reported £40m, ending his 15-year spell at the club.
The 23-year-old signed for the Gunners aged just seven, going on to progress through the youth ranks before making his first-team debut in 2015.
He went on to make 148 appearances, scoring 15 goals.
Unai Emery paid tribute to the departing winger, saying: "Alex has made a big contribution here at Arsenal.
"He worked hard in the academy where he was an example to many young players and has been an important part of our squad.
You may also want to watch:
"We wish Alex every success in the future."
Iwobi has signed a five-year deal at Goodison Park.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 6 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 7 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension
- 8 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 9 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing