Jack Woolshear, Nacho ho ho Monreal and co launch Arsenal Christmas jumper appeal
- Credit: Archant
*Warning: This article contains Arsenal-based Christmas jumper puns that may make you ill*
Jack Woolshear and Nacho ho ho Monreal are appealing for Arsenal fans to back Save the Children’s Christmas jumper appeal.
Team mates Gran-knit Xhaka, Sweater Cech, Theo Woolcott, jum-Per Mertesacker and Alex Iwovey joined them for a special squad photo at the Emirates to launch the campaign.
Santa Cazorla, despite being out with a long-term injury, and Alexstitch Sanchez, whose future at the club is in severe doubt, were also there.
The club has created a range of Arsenal Christmas jumpers, with 20 per cent of each sale going to Save the Children, a charity which supports vulnerable kids in developing countries.
You may also want to watch:
The Arsenal Foundation, the club’s fundraising arm, has supported Save the Children as its global partner since 2011, raising £2million.
Most recently, they combined to build football pitches for vulnerable children in Jordan, Somalia and Indonesia.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 7 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 8 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox