Jack Woolshear, Nacho ho ho Monreal and co launch Arsenal Christmas jumper appeal
- Credit: Archant
*Warning: This article contains Arsenal-based Christmas jumper puns that may make you ill*
Jack Woolshear and Nacho ho ho Monreal are appealing for Arsenal fans to back Save the Children’s Christmas jumper appeal.
Team mates Gran-knit Xhaka, Sweater Cech, Theo Woolcott, jum-Per Mertesacker and Alex Iwovey joined them for a special squad photo at the Emirates to launch the campaign.
Santa Cazorla, despite being out with a long-term injury, and Alexstitch Sanchez, whose future at the club is in severe doubt, were also there.
The club has created a range of Arsenal Christmas jumpers, with 20 per cent of each sale going to Save the Children, a charity which supports vulnerable kids in developing countries.
You may also want to watch:
The Arsenal Foundation, the club’s fundraising arm, has supported Save the Children as its global partner since 2011, raising £2million.
Most recently, they combined to build football pitches for vulnerable children in Jordan, Somalia and Indonesia.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 5 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting