Police name man killed by lorry in Finsbury Park as Javaid Sheikh
- Credit: Archant
Police have named the pedestrian who died after he was hit by a HGV in Finsbury Park on September 24.
Javaid Ahmed Sheikh, 76, from Wood Green, died after a lorry driver collided with him in Seven Sisters Road.
The driver stopped at the scene and there have been no arrests.
0fficers are continuing to appeal for witnesses of the collision to get in touch.
Following the incident, Calvert "Cally" Delpesche of Jonnies Barbers told the Gazette: "I heard a lady screaming from outside and then saw this lorry with a machine on top of it stop. I went to look. We were in shock. It was so horrible."
You may also want to watch:
Another witness, who gave her name as Lee, said: "I was in absolute shock. I heard people screaming but it felt like I was in complete silence. I had goose bumps. It was so traumatising."
Anyone with information that could assist the investigation is asked to contact police on 101 or 020 8597 4874 and quote Cad 3634/24Sept.
- 1 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Islington shooting victim named
- 4 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 7 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
Did you know Mr Sheikh? Contact Lucas at the Gazette newdesk to give tributes on 07785 616244 or email email@example.com