Police name man killed by lorry in Finsbury Park as Javaid Sheikh
- Credit: Archant
Police have named the pedestrian who died after he was hit by a HGV in Finsbury Park on September 24.
Javaid Ahmed Sheikh, 76, from Wood Green, died after a lorry driver collided with him in Seven Sisters Road.
The driver stopped at the scene and there have been no arrests.
0fficers are continuing to appeal for witnesses of the collision to get in touch.
Following the incident, Calvert "Cally" Delpesche of Jonnies Barbers told the Gazette: "I heard a lady screaming from outside and then saw this lorry with a machine on top of it stop. I went to look. We were in shock. It was so horrible."
You may also want to watch:
Another witness, who gave her name as Lee, said: "I was in absolute shock. I heard people screaming but it felt like I was in complete silence. I had goose bumps. It was so traumatising."
Anyone with information that could assist the investigation is asked to contact police on 101 or 020 8597 4874 and quote Cad 3634/24Sept.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 10 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
Did you know Mr Sheikh? Contact Lucas at the Gazette newdesk to give tributes on 07785 616244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org