Jenkinson leaves Arsenal for Nottingham Forest
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Carl Jenkinson has left Arsenal to join Nottingham Forest in a permanent deal worth a reported £2 million.
The 27-year-old made 70 appearances for the Gunners after joining from Charlton Athletic in 2011, also spending time on loan at West Ham and Birmingham.
Jenkinson has signed a three-year contract at Forest, with the deal also including a sell-on clause.
During his time at the Emirates, the right-back scored one goal and also earned his solitary England cap against Sweden in 2012.
He became the club's longest serving player yesterday when Laurent Koscielny joined Bordeaux, but that record lasted just 24 hours.
You may also want to watch:
Confirming the news of Jenkinson's departure, Arsenal said: "We would like to thank Carl for his contribution to the club and everyone at Arsenal wishes him all the best for his future."
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 10 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers