Jeremy Corbyn ‘disgusted’ with Arsenal supremo Stan Kroenke as Labour leader slams bloodsport channel dubbed ‘slay per view’
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal supporter Jeremy Corbyn has slammed club supremo Stan Kroenke accusing him of glorifying the killing of animals through the launch of a subscription hunting channel dubbed ‘slay per view’.
The Labour leader and Islington North MP criticised the American billionaire for his My Outdoor TV channel.
The channel is set to broadcast programmes that will show hunters killing lions and other vulnerable African species in various ways – including by bows and arrows and guns.
It is owned by Outdoor Sportsman Group, part of Kroenke Sport Entertainment, and has already started broadcasting in the US, with UK launch looking to broaden its audience across the UK and other English speaking countries.
The MyOutdoorTV app was launched across Britain over the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
In one scene, professional hunter Jana Waller exclaims: “It’s a good shot. Definitely, some liver and some lungs hit.”
Ms Waller adds “the shot was a little far back for me, but one shot did it,” before holding up the “beautiful heart shaped horns” of a hartebeest – also known as a korongi.
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 3 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 4 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 6 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 7 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 8 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 9 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
In another scene a man says to camera: “There’s no other feeling in the world quite like walking up on your bull elephant.”
The Labour boss, who confounded expectations in June’s General Election by increasing his party’s share of the vote, especially among young people hit out at Kroenke, saying: “As an Arsenal fan I’m disgusted Stan Kroenke is involved in such a brutal, unethical and unnecessary activity.
“This is not sport. Kroenke should stick to football if he wants to be involved in sport.
“In my mind ‘blood sport’ is a contradiction and there should be no place on TV or anywhere else for it.”
Mr Corbyn who cheered on Arsenal at Wembley when Arsene Wenger’s team upset the odds to beat favourites Chelsea has been watching the club since he became an Islington MP in 1983.
A spokesman for MOTV defended the programmes that will make up its coverage, and claimed that it will only show “ethical hunts”.
The Gazette has requested a comment from Kroenke Sports Enterprises.